Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When the vuvuzelas stopped.....

Diego Forlan....back of the net!

Vamos Uruguay!

Comments

• Options
    I recorded the silence...
  • Options
    so France might well be beaten by Mexico tomorrow and that would leave Mexico and Uraguay needing to draw to go through , hmmm.

Just saying like
  • Options
    Have a feeling Mexico will give France a good game, Domenech is an awful manager imho and France have hadly been in good form of late (last couple of years to be fair).think it could be 1-1.
  • Options
    football 3, vevuzelas 0...typical plastics...full of hot air when they're winning, silent when they're not...good riddance to the lot of them...
  • Options
    I got pissed off with Mark Lawrenson so we went interactive and listened to the radio 5 comentary. Apart from cutting out Lawrenson it also cut out those bloody horns.

Suite.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: letthegoodtimesroll[/cite]football 3, vevuzelas 0...typical plastics...full of hot air when they're winning, silent when they're not...good riddance to the lot of them...

I agree with that. I'm not impressed by the South African fans. I hope they lose interest a bit now and let the other fans support their teams in the manner they wish to.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Have a feeling Mexico will give France a good game, Domenech is an awful manager imho and France have hadly been in good form of late (last couple of years to be fair).think it could be 1-1.

I don't know if the manager of a team that got to the Final last time can be called awful. Most French people agree with you though. I think 1-1 too.
  • Options
    Ok Domenech may not be "awful" but for a side with so many talented players, they have underachieved and been very average possibly since the final in 2006. Many fans belive he is clueless and he has fallen out with some big players including Ben Arfa who has been left out of both 2008 and 2010 tournament squads apparantly after calling Domenech a fool or something similar. Imagine Benzema is not his biggest fan either.

With a better manager, France would be a threat and almost a cert for quarters/semis. However I would be majorly disappointed if England do not do better than France.
  • Options
    If you call the manager a fool then you should be left out IMO.

Who are these 'so many talented players?' I don't think that France have anyone outstanding except for Ribery.
  • Options
    Who are these 'so many talented players?' I don't think that France have anyone outstanding except for Ribery.[/quote]

Ribery, Malouda has been very good for Chelsea this season, Evra and Sagna are two of the best fullbacks about, been impressed with Toulalan and Gourcieff (excuse spelling), Benzema and Ben Arfa were very highly rated not so long ago. Nasri is an exceptional talent. Therefore imho France do have lots of talent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moulouda and Evra, yes. Otherwise the others you mentioned are just the equals of any other players in any team in this competition, like Upson or Milner for England. Outstanding players in their leagues but average internationals.

That said, France will get at least to the quarter finals so as to make my life difficult.
  • Options
    Africa has waited how long for a World Cup and the host nation, two games in, all bugger off early cause they are losing. Pretty poor show imo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Africa has waited how long for a World Cup and the host nation, two games in, all bugger off early cause they are losing. Pretty poor show imo.

Shit fans, shit team. Hope they sell their tickets to real fans now and blow their horns at home instead.
  • Options
    and still we wait pele lol
  • Options
    I think they've moved the microphones in the ground to where the fans of the competing teams are sitting. All of a sudden you can hear people and not those bloody trumpets.

The game tonight was like watching Wigan on a monday night sky game. A rubbish team getting beaten by an average one in the freezing cold and loads of people leaving early. I bet the director of that match gets a slap for putting those shots of people on their way on air.
  • Options
    'I agree with that. I'm not impressed by the South African fans. I hope they lose interest a bit now and let the other fans support their teams in the manner they wish to. '

I wouldn't hold your breath- the German fans had bought 18,000 of them (yes, really) before the start of the tournament.
  • Options
    officially will be when they get banned from a fan to throw one on the pitch, wish someone would just do it already its getting on my tits buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Great improvement last night though...somehow the Beeb (hopefully ITV as well), has found a way to filter out the worst of it....I'd say it was around a 66% reduction.
  • Options
    Want South Africa out now if that is the only way to shut up those poxy horns...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Want South Africa out now if that is the only way to shut up those poxy horns...[/quote]

I doubt it'll stop them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For the first time today I could hear the fans singing. First the Argentina fans and then the Mexico ones. You could even hear the French fans with their one song.

Is the Vuvuzela frenzy dying down or have they changed the frequency / placing of microphones?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]You could even hear the French fans with their one song.
    Is the Gallic 'Humph' a song? :o)
  • Options
    lol leroy!
  • Options
    No South African Clarinets allowed into the Valley this season.