Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Penalty substitution

Should you really be able to put on a substitute for a penalty?

Doesn't the ball have to go out of play?

Comments

• Options
    I think the ball is dead, so it can be made.
  • Options
    doesnt it only apply if its a keeper sent off?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Should you really be able to put on a substitute for a penalty?

You can make a substitution during any STOPPAGE in play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Should you really be able to put on a substitute for a penalty?

So why can't you if a game goes into penalties?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]

The game is over, you can make a change before the final whistle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]

Because it's not a stoppage "IN PLAY". "PLAY" has finished.
  • Options

course you should be able to. What shouldn't be allowed is FIVE minutes to do it in. If the sub isn't ready within a minute, two max, then carry on without him. Bit of a farce that, maybe a ploy to put Folan off but didn't work, excellant penalty.
  • Options
    The laws should be changed so if the goalkeeper gets a red card then no sub keeper can come on. Nothing funnier than a centre half going in goal for the first time since he was nine years old.
  • Options
    We always had Stevie Brown for that eventuality but before that I remember Steve Gritt donning the green jersy at Coventry when Bob Bolder had to go off injured circa Autumn 1988 and making a fantastic save before we eventually succumbed and lost 3-0.
  • Options
    why wasnt the goalie sent off in the earlier game, they scored so no need for a pen, but still a clear foul
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes I agree, Casillas assaulted the Swiss player, with his feet first lunge.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who didnt think the SA keeper should have been sent off? Aside from the fact that Suarez dragged his foot to ensure contact the ball was going away from goal towards all the players on the edge of the box.
  • Options
    Not the only one Blackheath, I thought so too. Also not completely convinced Suarez still had control of the ball anyway...
  • Options
    I am doing the Isthmian League, the Premier Division is a decent standard with good teams in it so Dartford did well, surprised Maidstone had a disappointing year. Everything's in place for them just the stadium! I occassionally do Southern League. Last season was sent to a place in Windsor on a mid-week game and it was bloody freezing so sometimes the draw backs do outweigh the positives.
    Yes Ray still does the fixtures and was in good form at the end of last season giving us all two midweek middles to do. All very demanding and time consuming but ultimately satisfying.
  • Options
    I am doing the Isthmian League, the Premier Division is a decent standard with good teams in it so Dartford did well, surprised Maidstone had a disappointing year. Everything's in place for them just the stadium! I occassionally do Southern League. Last season was sent to a place in Windsor on a mid-week game and it was bloody freezing so sometimes the draw backs do outweigh the positives.
    Yes Ray still does the fixtures and was in good form at the end of last season giving us all two midweek middles to do. All very demanding and time consuming but ultimately satisfying.
    Talk about a thread going off topic. What's all this about?
  • Options
    well, considering it was over a year ago, the poster of that (spankie) probably doesn't even remember. Has this been grating at the back of your mind for 13 months jimmy? :-)