Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VIDEO: Interview With Martin Simons

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
An interesting interview and comes across like a really nice guy

video

Comments

• Options
    The interesting thing here is that Martin feels Curbs knew the money wasnt there to take the club forward yet Dowie was given millions to throw away, had Curbs been given that money where could we be now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]The interesting thing here is that Martin feels Curbs knew the money wasnt there to take the club forward yet Dowie was given millions to throw away, had Curbs been given that money where could we be now.

Don't get me wrong, I'd turn the clock back in the blink of an eye. But Rommedahl, Jeffers and his record at West Ham tell me that Curbs plus money to spend is not an assured success recipie.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]The interesting thing here is that Martin feels Curbs knew the money wasnt there to take the club forward yet Dowie was given millions to throw away, had Curbs been given that money where could we be now.

Don't get me wrong, I'd turn the clock back in the blink of an eye. But Rommedahl, Jeffers and his record at West Ham tell me that Curbs plus money to spend is not an assured success recipie.

All managers sign pup's from time to time, including Curb's but his overall record whilst with us was excellent, especially for a club our size and it's level of expectation.
  • Options
    not forgetting Marcus Bent
  • Options
    done well at west ham dont get you.
  • Options
    Interesting Martin Simons saying, Curbs in his last season ....... didn't feel he could deliver further to the fans fast growing expectations at Charlton.

The clamour to take Charlton to the next level has certainly bitten us in the arse every way you could imagine.
  • Options
    "growing expectations at Charlton"

OTT expectation more like

"But Rommedahl, Jeffers"

WTF as ever Charlton fans point to the negatives how about a list of players that done a amazing job.

Oh not cant talk about anything positive can we
  • Options
    well if you talk positively about how brilliant curbs done you get shot down for going on about it
    but how the fook anyone expects anyone to be positive about whats happened since the legend left is crazy , we're in a right old pickle and there aint no light at the end of the tunnel but there maybe some if we bury our heads in the sand saying be positive
  • Options
    Interesting to hear Martin say that it all started to go wrong from the moment Parker left...he's not said that publicly before and has been (as have all the board members from that time) been somewhat evasive/reticent re this subject and has always played it down....so very interesting to hear him say different at long last.
    Love Martin to bit's he's a smashing fella, he's an Addick through and through and I'm positive he's absolutely gutted at where we find ourselves today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]'m positive he's absolutely gutted at where we find ourselves today.

He said as much on the vid, SoundAs.