Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Ascot - Saturday

My first ever race meeting tomorrow with Grandstand tickets.

Absolutely rubbish with betting on horse racing (as are most on here), regardless, I will take a stab in the dark and ask for some tips for tomorrow.

Shoot.

Comments

• Options
    Racing is all about enjoying the day and getting smashed (whilst looking at the birds.....they always look fitter at the races).

You going with lads?
  • Options
    I meant race tips mate, but cheers!

Unfortunately it is couple based but knowing all of our missus' it will still be messy.
  • Options
    A girl from the office went yesterday and may mate was saying its not about the racing, its about getting drunk, chatting up some birds and if your lucky, getting sum in the car park after.

Had no idea at all but will be planning a trip next year...
  • Options
    Its a great day out, went to ladies day a few years back and it was brilliant. Just get drunk and pick a horse at random and don't expect to win anything!
  • Options
    cant help thinking kieren fallon might ride a big winner sat,to quiet these days,going to check what he rides sat
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Blinkant[/cite]A girl from the office went yesterday and may mate was saying its not about the racing, its about getting drunk, chatting up some birds and if your lucky, getting sum in the car park after.

Had no idea at all but will be planning a trip next year...

Royal Ascot is sort of like the best wedding you've ever been to, been on the Friday about 3 or 4 times and is always a great day out
  • Options
    Ascot really is a good day out. You'll enjoy it mate.

In the 15.05, Harbinger won't get beat. Won't be much of a price though.
  • Options
    My tip is, don't listen to JTs tips.................ever!
  • Options
    in the wokingham @ 4.25 - Laddies Poker Two
  • Options
    Ha.

I've had a nightmare on here to be honest. so you're probably right.

Harbinger will win though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm also going WSS in the Grandstand too. Hopefully we can have a bit of luck between us.

Any proper tips please?!
  • Options
    Don't spend all your winnings on Champagne.
  • Options
    Dropped my son off at Chiselhurst early this morning (the lounge) with his girlfriend with a coach load of 'fillies' and mates ...... looks like a right 'jolly up'..... good luck to them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]in the wokingham @ 4.25 - Laddies Poker Two

I had a share ownership of Laddies Poker Two before she was sold at the end of 2008 - she has not run since as she has sufffered a few injuries of late as she did for the two years that I was involved in the syndicate. She is much better than she has shown this far, especially if Noseda can get her spot on. She will absolutely love the fast ground and has a low draw (2) which could be good or bad depending on where the track is running best, so far this week it appears that high numbers have been favoured. We were told by the trainer during the 2008 campaign that he expected her handicap to move above 107 when compared to others in the yard and therefore she is "thrown in" if he has her back to anywhere near her best. She was bought at auction by Magnier, Tabor & Smith who were alerted to her potential by Mike Dillon at Ladbrokes who originally syndicated the horse. Another plus is that she absolutely excelled at Ascot on her only course appearance and won a decent handicap in great style - great day out that one !
  • Options
    Have a nice little double

Harbinger 3.05

Imposing 5.00

Ryan Moore/Michael Stoute Double
  • Options
    2.30 King Torus
    3.05 Harbinger
    3.50 Main Aim
    4.25 Jimmy Styles
    5.0 Submariner
    5.25 Sentry Duty
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah King Torus in the first for me. Favs have been doing well so far this week.
    edit - going for Zidan probably regreet it lol
  • Options
    woop woop :D :D
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]in the wokingham @ 4.25 - Laddies Poker Two[/quote]

You all collecting your winnings then. I got it @ 10/1
  • Options
    popped out so missed it :( well done mate good tip
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers mate, only had 20 notes on it but a nice win, won a fair bit on football not long back too so doing alright at the minute. I feel if horses are researched hard and thorough, winners can be found easily.
  • Options
    Saw Curbs there today and asked him to come back, he smiled and said "it's very sad the way things have happened".

I'm taking that as a yes.
  • Options
    Just got back, cracking day. 4 out of 6 winners helped as well.
  • Options
    did u get your nuts in in the car park ?
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip! I ended up just breaking even but the missus won a fair wedge on Zadain in the first and two other e/w places at 16/1 +
  • Options
    Who's tip?
  • Options
    Yours, no one listens to mine eh Plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayer? ;-)