Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Curbishley / anybody else?

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
What is happerning with Alan Curbishley? I heard he was in line to get the Ipswich job but think Roy Keane has been reassured? What are the chances he'll come back? Do you think he would with new investment? Things did get stale in his last few years but he must be tempted sometimes. This has probably been done to death but he must be looking to get back into football and it's strange a decent club hasn't snapped him up. If not Alan C, then who would you go for if Parky went, assuming no new investment.

Comments

• Options
    prob be back at 10.12 october 12th
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]prob be back at 10.12 october 12th

Sorry don't get that nolly...explain please?
  • Options
    That'll be one for the conspiracy theorists, SoundAs'!
  • Options
    new Hull manager is the whisper I've heard

watch this space
  • Options
    What?

Hull not keeping Dowie.......? Can't understand that.
  • Options
    Beginning to look like we are going to hear those ....we was....interviews from Hull next season....good luck to him.
  • Options
    He turned it down before Dowie got it last season, had heard someone else was going to get the Hull job can't remember who, not Dowie or though
  • Options
    Thought it was Paul Hart
  • Options
    Curbs now favourite for the Fulham job on betfair.

Hope he gets it as backed him last week after hearing a whisper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Curbs now favourite for the Fulham job on betfair.

Murphy and Konchesky WILL be happy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Curbs now favourite for the Fulham job on betfair.

despite Fulham asking Huddersfield for permission to speak to Lee Clark ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

Murphy and Konchesky WILL be happy!

I understand that the Fulham fans don't want Curbs either. They see it as a backwards step and want a manager to take them forward. Speaking to a Fulham fan I told him I thought they couldn't appoint anyone any better and he'd do a good job there. He said 'no thanks'. One thing I do know for sure is that Ray Lewington does not want the job on a perm basis as he is happy coaching BUT is good friends with Curbs and so he would be happy for Curbs to be appointed.
  • Options
    Curbs would be ideal for them.

They roughly where we were six years ago.After Hodgson they need stability and someone who can keep them in the Prem, Curbs fits the bill albiet unexciting . I wished he'd stayed at Charlton.
  • Options
    Curbs had 2 interviews for the Hull job, accepted the post after the 2nd one and then texted the Chairman on his way home to say he'd changed his mind.

He was top of Hull's shortlist.

He'd be perfect for Fulham.
  • Options
    The thing is fulham have moved up a step,they got to a european final,curbs is good stuff,but they would expect something in the cups etc,and tenth in the premier will bring limited joy to them.
  • Options
    Eltham - dont disbelieve you but surely the only two people in the world who would know this would be Curbs and the Hull Chairman?
  • Options
    Think Fulham would be ideal for Curbs but they will probably go for Mark Hughes or Sven. A real shame as Curbs is clearly a prem manager but may need to drop down into the Championship, Ipswich is the obvious club but sure there are plenty of other jobs which seemingly would suit Curbs.
  • Options
    If Curbs isn't coming back to CAFC who give a sh_t where he goes? Especially as he is unlikely to be managing a team in the same division as us.
  • Options
    Fulham have got the same problem we had - ideas above their station. Curbs would do a great job there but it's unlikely he'd be able to improve on Hodgson's time there. They should be careful. Look what happened to us when we thought being a mid-table Premiership side wasn't good enough. We thought we should have more exciting football than Curbs was providing, when in fact he was keeping us in it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Fulham have got the same problem we had - ideas above their station. Curbs would do a great job there but it's unlikely he'd be able to improve on Hodgson's time there. They should be careful. Look what happened to us when we thought being a mid-table Premiership side wasn't good enough. We thought we should have more exciting football than Curbs was providing, when in fact he was keeping us in it.

Absolutely spot on.