Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the 'i care so much more about charlton' thread

watching England has made me appreciate Charlton so much more. well up for next season in league 1. COYA!

Comments

• Options
    yep
  • Options
    not sure about 'appreciate'... we've been more pants than england comparatively in the last few years ... at least england qualified !

but i 'care' a squillion times more about charlton than england
  • Options
    100% agree so so so so so much more.
  • Options
    not appreciate the quality of football. appreciate the players' attitudes. i can't think of a single player in the current squad that i dont like
  • Options
    " the 'i care so much more about charlton' thread".

Don't most of us ........?

The England team is hype on steroids. Makes the Prem media circus seem like local newspaper coverage.

Anyway what affinity can I have with players like the over paid over-rated lump of lard Lampard, and as someone neatly mentioned on another thread, No Clue-ny Rooney .......?

Which is why, despite all the jingo-ism, I care so much more about Charlton.
  • Options
    At the moment I care far more about England than Charlton, but that's not saying much.

Fed up with football, full stop...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]At the moment I care far more about England than Charlton, but that's not saying much.

Fed up with football, full stop...

We'll all be making that walk down Floyd Road again very soon Perry..........you simply can't change your roots.
  • Options
    Always been club over country for me anyway but i have to agree last night has made me realise how much i miss charlton when the seasons not on.
  • Options
    The England team is hype on steroids. Makes the Prem media circus seem like local newspaper coverage.

It really does Oggy plastics fantastics.
  • Options
    Yesterday I renewed my season ticket for next season, even before watching the England game, I was more excited about the new season with Charlton.

Even when I get annoyed at Charlton and momentarily despise elements of the team and club, there remains great affection and obsession. With England, I just resent the fact that these players are not only paid so much when they are in truth not as good as they think they are but also that some of them are massive fools (especially J Terry, A Cole etc). They are not role models or people to look up to and be proud of when wearing the 3 lions. Of course there are some players for England who I do quite like and respect, but unfortunately the majority overshadows them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]With England, I just resent the fact that these players are not only paid so much when they are in truth not as good as they think they are but also that some of them are massive fools (especially J Terry, A Cole etc).

And if I really wanted to cheer those 2 on, then I'd support Chelsea.

Or at least buy myself a replica shirt, and watch all their matches down the pub ..... telling everyone that I'm proper Chelsea.
    Wouldn't even need to go to Stamford Bridge.
  • Options
    Totally agree, all about the Addicks, when we list to Swindon it ripped my heart out, when we drew to Algeria it was a case of oh well
  • Options
    Agreed