Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have I run over a cat?

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
Life right now is pretty damn depressing to be honest.
England playing abysmaly...My lovely Red Boys missing out on promotion and the dreaded enemy, The Spanners, winning promotion....The club seemingly on a continuing downward spiral which just get's steadily worse and worse.
Kent stuttering and losing more than they're winning...Andy Murray is surely going to flatter to deceive at Wimbledon....yet again. Scunthorpe (and other similar sized clubs), offering better wages than us and pipping us at the post in the transfer market.
No buyer (or so it seems) on the horizon for what is a very attractive club in many ways.We've gone from being the top club south of the river....and by some distance, to being the lowest, in what seems like the blink of an eye.
On the personal front, my business is 30% down on this time last year...despite us being told that we're supposed to be 'coming out' of the reccession.....don't you believe it....well not in The High Street anyway.
Yup...like many of you no doubt, life as a white middle classish 62 year old aint too clever right now, I feel like f'ing off to be honest, out of a place and country that I always loved and understood. The country in general is changing in front of my eyes so fast that I often feel like a stranger in my own back yard.....and I hate what I see.

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Life right now is pretty damn depressing to be honest.
    England playing abysmaly...My lovely Red Boys missing out on promotion and the dreaded enemy, The Spanners, winning promotion....The club seemingly on a continuing downward spiral which just get's steadily worse and worse.
    Kent stuttering and losing more then they're winning...Andy Murray is surely going to flatter to deceive at Wimbledon....yet again. Scunthorpe (and other similar sized clubs), offering better wages than us and pipping us at the post in the transfer market.
    No buyer (or so it seems) on the horizon for what is a very attractive club in many ways.We've gone from being the top club south of the river....and by some distance, to being the lowest, in what seems like the blink of an eye.
    My business is 30% down on this time last year...despite us being told that we're supposed to be 'coming out' of the reccession.....don't you believe it....well not in The High Street anyway.
    Yup...like many of you no doubt, life as a white middle classish 62 year old aint too clever right now, I feel like f'ing off to be honest, out of a place and country that I always loved and understood. The country in general is changing in front of my eyes so fast that I often feel like a stranger in my own back yard.[/quote]

Welcome to fully paid up membership of the life is shit club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Life right now is pretty damn depressing to be honest.
    Kent stuttering and losing more than they're winning...Andy Murray is surely going to flatter to deceive at Wimbledon....yet again. Scunthorpe (and other similar sized clubs), offering better wages than us and pipping us at the post in the transfer market.
    On the personal front, my business is 30% down on this time last year...despite us being told that we're supposed to be 'coming out' of the reccession.....don't you believe it....well not in The High Street anyway.
    Yup...like many of you no doubt, life as a white middle classish 62 year old aint too clever right now, I feel like f'ing off to be honest, out of a place and country that I always loved and understood. The country in general is changing in front of my eyes so fast that I often feel like a stranger in my own back yard.....and I hate what I see.

Always look on the bright side of life. Things can only get better mate. Also things could be allot worse.
  • Options
    I have to admit that while watching the England game last night a feeling of deja vu came over me. Disappointing individual performances, disjointed play, booing fans... it was all so familiar.
  • Options
    I go to a business networking "club" every week and last week someone remarked that the recession seems to be hitting small businesses hard at the moment, so don't believe that it's over - I am afraid it may get much worse.

I went to Le Mans last weekend and there were a few times when I was embarassed to be English - watched the France game in a bar and there was a bunch of about 8 (French) lads on the next table to ours - one got up to get drinks and came back with.... coffees. Next day England game in same bar - tables full of English lads drinking lager at 5 euros a pop like it was going out of fashion, getting loud and a bit agressive. On the Sunday night took the tram to the old town for a meal, on the way back there was a large group of English guys obviously bladdered, staggering about and singing. The looks on the faces of the French people said it all for me.
  • Options
    I'm embarrassed that you were "embarrassed" about your country. If you don't like it, move.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I'm embarrassed that you were "embarrassed" about your country. If you don't like it, move.

That's a good idea - I don't like the way Charlton have been playing for a couple of seasons - I'll go support another team, maybe in France!
  • Options
    That's the spirit. See ya.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I'm embarrassed that you were "embarrassed" about your country. If you don't like it, move.

Cobblers, Off it.

Why should "real" people like Saga Lout move out.
    I think there are a lot of decent folk who are embarrassed and sick to death of the oafish, dumbed down, plank thick, arrogant, offensive and boorish behaviour of a lot of English abroad.
    It seems that intelligence, humility and decency are scorned these days.
    Get rid of the scum
    (There, I,m sounding more like a right wing Tory every day. The shame of it ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]That's the spirit. See ya.

Surely you mean "Au revoir"? lol!

I love my country - I'm not embarassed about it, just embarassed by some of the prats who also call it their home.
  • Options
    Move to Brighton. It's better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]That's the spirit. See ya.

Surely you mean "Au revoir"? lol!

I love my country - I'm not embarassed about it, just embarassed by some of the prats who also call it their home.

I am too mate you go anywere in the world and you get looked down at for being English. People either think your a thug or a stuck up posh twit in my experience. Its becaue when we go abroad we show little respect for other cultures look at certain areas of Spain ruined from this. Trhe French wouldnt let us do it to them neither would the Italians and good on them they both have wonderful countries and want to keep it that way. We do too but some of the English really do make us look bad.
  • Options
    This will cheer you up a bit:

Charlton on the BBC