Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grounds to visit next season.

Last season was the first time i started going to away games regularly, probably due to fact there were so many grounds that were close and the fact im getting older. This season i want to go away more frequently, but with finances tight, i cant afford to make the travel commitments some of you.

Grounds i went last season:
Orient
Wycombe
Bristol Rovers
Millwall
Southend
MK Dons
Exeter
Swindon
Walsall

Possible grounds this season:
* Bournemouth
* Brentford
* Brighton and Hove Albion
* Bristol Rovers
* Carlisle United
* Colchester United
* Dagenham and Redbridge
* Exeter City
* Hartlepool United
* Huddersfield Town
* Leyton Orient
* Milton Keynes Dons
* Notts County
* Oldham Athletic
* Peterborough United
* Plymouth Argyle
* Rochdale
* Sheffield Wednesday
* Southampton
* Swindon Town
* Tranmere Rovers
* Walsall
* Yeovil Town

So i was wondering what grounds most of you are likely to visit next season. And lets suppose there is a maximum of 8 away games you can make, what would be your pick?

Comments

• Options
    3 new grounds for me :- Shrewsbury in the cup, Rochdale & Notts C
  • Options
    Bournemouth, Rochdale, Notts county and Daggers defo because they will all be new grounds for me Want to do Shrews away but unlikely i will be able to. So basically i want to do ones i have never done before. Plymouth, Sheff Wed i have done when we were in the same leagu but i do like Hillsborough so if i have spare cash will do that one. Other wise its whatever i diddnt do last season so Oldham, Tranmere, Wallsall, Exeter, Harlepool, Carlisle and MK dons are the only ones left in the league for me this season. 11 in total not including pre season.
  • Options
    If I had to pick 8 I'd go for:

*Bournemouth - Good night out
    * Dagenham and Redbridge - local derby
    * Huddersfield Town - Somehow I've never been here
    * Leyton Orient - Great atmosphere here last season
    * Sheffield Wednesday - Quite possibly my favourite away ground
    * Southampton - Nice ground, mixed record, hoping we beat Pardew....if he's still there by then
    * Swindon Town - Payback
    * Yeovil Town - The weather can't be any worse there than it was last season!
  • Options
    * Huddersfield Town - Somehow I've never been here
    I think you will enjoy it mate i had a laugh at Hudds last season.

It was brilliant wasn't it best of the season IMO atmos wise.

Agree its brilliant but have been there plenty of times so depends on that one for me.

* Southampton - Nice ground, mixed record, hoping we beat Pardew....if he's still there by then
    Yawn bored of this away day to be honest.

* Swindon Town - Payback
    Good shout although i did go there twice last season so well see on this one.

LOL it was awful wern't it its Feb 5th this year so technically it could be even worse :-)

Never been really cannot wait for this one.
  • Options
    Yeah preparing myself for snow at Yeovil next season! Orient was definitely the best atmosphere of the season, totally agree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Yeah preparing myself for snow at Yeovil next season! Orient was definitely the best atmosphere of the season, totally agree.

Was fantastic and it was warm eve too loved it i did. Yea i would like to play Yeovil in the summer really (well not the Summer obviously but Aug Sept sort of time) just because i have herd its a nice place and i would like to see how nice it really is shame about the weather last season.
  • Options
    Been to 10 of the 24 L1 grounds so have 14 possible new away grounds. Aim to do the 7 teams that are new to the division plus Carlisle, Colchester, Huddersfield and maybe Tranmere.

Will also do a few again, Swindon for payback hopefully, Saints cause it is one of the better grounds, Brentford cause it is near and the hot dogs were good and maybe a frw others dependent on dates/uni etc.

No way will I go to Brighton, even though in a strange way it was fun last year. 20 quid to see f all- no thanks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Been to 10 of the 24 L1 grounds so have 14 possible new away grounds. Aim to do the 7 teams that are new to the division plus Carlisle, Colchester, Huddersfield and maybe Tranmere.

Will also do a few again, Swindon for payback hopefully, Saints cause it is one of the better grounds, Brentford cause it is near and the hot dogs were good and maybe a frw others dependent on dates/uni etc.

No way will I go to Brighton, even though in a strange way it was fun last year. 20 quid to see f all- no thanks.

Brighton is one i forgot to mention i did not do this last year i was going to this year but your comment is off putting. Is the stand really that far away is it not worth goping would you suggest then?
  • Options
    Brighton is one i forgot to mention i did not do this last year i was going to this year but your comment is off putting. Is the stand really that far away is it not worth goping would you suggest then?[/quote]

Depends where you sit, at the front it was worse but even at the back the view is still pretty awful. If you look on footballgroundguide.com then there are some good pics of the away end and the view from there.
  • Options
    Rochdale, MK dons & Shrewsbury new grounds for me. However on a 4 day a week at the moment, not sure how long for, so will have time to go to shrewbury, not sure I can justify it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having been an away Addick on and off since the early 80's the bitter pill of relegation was sweetened because I did eight new grounds last season.In the 80's I got up to 65 ,but I've been pegged back as clubs moved and my life moved on.

This year it is Shrewsbury ( I did Gay Meadow about three times ),Rochdale and Notts (somehow that one eluded me previously).I hope the JPT draws us to Aldershot or Stevenage Away and the FA Cup First Round is somewhere like Accrington or Cheltenham.

I'm now back up to 72 current grounds I lost Chesterfield and Grimsby , but gained Oxford which I saw a non Charlton game at.
  • Options
    75 out of 92 league grounds done.

Missing :- Stoke (been to Victoria but not Britannia), Burnley, Notts C, Rochdale, Accrington, Aldershot, Burton, Cheltenham, Chesterfield (been to Saltergate, but now moving), Lincoln, Macclesfield, Morecambe, Oxford (been to Manor but not Kassim), Rotherham (been to Milmoor, but not Sheffield) Shrewsbury, Stevenage, Torquay.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Having been an away Addick on and off since the early 80's the bitter pill of relegation was sweetened because I did eight new grounds last season.In the 80's I got up to 65 ,but I've been pegged back as clubs moved and my life moved on.

This year it is Shrewsbury ( I did Gay Meadow about three times ),Rochdale and Notts (somehow that one eluded me previously).I hope the JPT draws us to Aldershot or Stevenage Away and the FA Cup First Round is somewhere like Accrington or Cheltenham.

I'm now back up to 72 current grounds I lost Chesterfield and Grimsby , but gained Oxford which I saw a non Charlton game at.

If your trying to officially do the 92, if a team gets relegated to the conference but is re elected some time in the future, the visit dosnt count, this is only for the official 92 club membership, personally, I think its a silly rule.

I only started doing it january this year, but managed to get up to 9.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]75 out of 92 league grounds done.

Missing :- Stoke (been to Victoria but not Britannia), Burnley, Notts C, Rochdale, Accrington, Aldershot, Burton, Cheltenham, Chesterfield (been to Saltergate, but now moving), Lincoln, Macclesfield, Morecambe, Oxford (been to Manor but not Kassim), Rotherham (been to Milmoor, but not Sheffield) Shrewsbury, Stevenage, Torquay.

The Britannia is a good day out mate nice ground but i can imagine the Victoria was wicked. Burnley is good aswell their fun fans i got on well with them lot as for your others i dont think i have been to any of them so cant tell you. Still thats good only 2 in this league missing for you top effort. Whats Peterborough like that one i forgot to add to my above list too?
  • Options
    Brentford is awesome for the fact that there is a pub on each corner of the ground so if you get a few mates you can have a mini pub crawl before the game.

I like to tie my away days in with visits to family/friends so I imagine they will be similar to last year when I went to Hereford, Orient, Leeds, Gills, Carlisle, Brentford, Bristol Rovers, Millwall, Exeter, Swindon.

Probably do the same ones again (obviously that we are playing this year) plus Plymouth, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Oldham. Peterborough isn't too far from me either so will probably do that too. Always looked out for Rochdale after playing them in the Cup a few years back so am tempted to do that 1 too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]* Huddersfield Town - Somehow I've never been here
    I think you will enjoy it mate i had a laugh at Hudds last season.

It was brilliant wasn't it best of the season IMO atmos wise.

Agree its brilliant but have been there plenty of times so depends on that one for me.

Yawn bored of this away day to be honest.

* Swindon Town - Payback
    Good shout although i did go there twice last season so well see on this one.

LOL it was awful wern't it its Feb 5th this year so technically it could be even worse :-)

Never been really cannot wait for this one.

I know for a fact you are lying young Rupert.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 101[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Yeah preparing myself for snow at Yeovil next season! Orient was definitely the best atmosphere of the season, totally agree.

Was fantastic and it was warm eve too loved it i did. Yea i would like to play Yeovil in the summer really (well not the Summer obviously but Aug Sept sort of time) just because i have herd its a nice place and i would like to see how nice it really is shame about the weather last season.

In a strange way though, I really enjoyed Yeovil away. Proper away game!