Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Defoe and Rooney

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
to start weds??

Comments

• Options
    Yes. Or Crouch and Defoe/ Crouch and Rooney.
  • Options
    Hope so. With Crouch to come off the bench for either if we are struggling at 70 mins.

James

Johnson Upson Terry Cole

Lennon Gerrard Cole

Lampard

Rooney Defoe
  • Options
    Rooney and Defoe have never scored together, but I think that has more to do with Defoe not being given a proper chance. He should have started last night.
  • Options
    Drop Rooney and play Crouch and Defoe up front.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Drop Rooney and play Crouch and Defoe up front.

I'll second that.
  • Options
    gerrard behind rooney
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Drop Rooney and play Crouch and Defoe up front.

+1.
  • Options
    Gerrard behind Rooney with J Cole on the left. How Joe Cole is behind SWP in the order is beyond me. J Cole is one of the best creative players we have and is used to playing left mid for England, capable of a goal or something special.

Or, not that it will happen, drop Lampard, Gerrard back in middle with J Cole on left and Crouch plays upfront with Rooney. Crouchs record for England is excellent and defenders do not like playing against him, more likely to get a goal than Heskey and means that the other players are playing in their natural best positions.
  • Options
    if we stay 442 - which would be madness on the last 2 performances, but what are we fans to know! But we all know thats exactely how we'll line up then drop lampard bring in cole on the left gerrard back in middle where he belongs, replace carager with upson, and play crouch and defoe upfront.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Now i have calmed down i reckon the team should be 4 3 1 2

xxxx James xxxxx
    Johnson Terry Dawson A Cole

xxx Milner Barry J Cole xxx

xxxx Gerrard xxxxx

xxx Rooney Crouch xxx

subs

Hart
    Upson
    SWP
    Defoe
    Lampard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    xxxx James xxxxx
    Johnson Terry Dawson A Cole

xxx Milner Barry J Cole xxx

xxxx Gerrard xxxxx

xxx Rooney Crouch xxx

I like
  • Options
    ................James.............

..Johnson..Terry...Dawson/King..A Cole

..Lennon...Gerrard....Barry......Joe Cole

............Crouch.......Rooney

Crouch should have come on much earlier last night. Dropping Lampard should mean that Gerrard has a better game.
  • Options
    Lennon has been the worst choice to take to the world cup still can not track back or cross and wears earphones bigger than his own head
  • Options
    edited June 2010

James
    Johnson- - Carragher - Terry - -A.Cole

Milner___Lampard__Gerrard___J.Cole

________Crouch____Defoe

Can just see this Saturday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    James
    Johnson- - Carragher - Terry - -A.Cole

Milner___Lampard__Gerrard___J.Cole

________Crouch____Defoe

Can just see this Saturday.

if we get to saturday mate we play weds ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Lennon has been the worst choice to take to the world cup still can not track back or cross and wears earphones bigger than his own head
    Who else is there? I don't think any of the out and out right wingers are that great.
  • Options
    Rooney will play (if fit), if anyone thinks otherwise they're living in cloud cuckoo land!
  • Options
    He is a certainty, should'nt be on current form but will start
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Lennon has been the worst choice to take to the world cup still can not track back or cross and wears earphones bigger than his own head

No wonder he's shite then, what with the sound of the vuvuzelas & wearing earphones as well - he's got no chance of hearing his team mates.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Lennon has been the worst choice to take to the world cup still can not track back or cross and wears earphones bigger than his own head
    Who else is there? I don't think any of the out and out right wingers are that great.

Milner and J Cole or just push the two fullbacks on and play a 3 at the back we need to beat them really beat them 1 or 2 goals and we will get edgy we need to be 2 up in a quick time and follow that up with a another couple
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ashley Young should have been first choice on the right for this world cup.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    James

Johnson
    Terry
    Dawson (Will be Upson unfortunately)
    Cole

Barry
    Lampard

Lennon
    Gerrard
    Cole

Rooney

If that doesn't work, I'd try either Carrick for Lampard or Lennon and move Lampard forward.

I still trust Capello with what he chooses though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Ashley Young should have been first choice on the right for this world cup.
    I don't know for sure but from what I've read he's not impressed much either.

Really don't think there's much between the proper wingers. It's down to picking the in form one or like nla said going with someone like Milner on the right.