Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do it for Bobby.

Waste of money that ad was. Sink me. Xx

Comments

• Options
    is that bobby davro you're talking about?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Waste of money that ad was

Those in advertising will tell you that the fact England's players are not 'Doing it for Bobby' has no bearing on the success of the advert itself.

What beer does it advertise?
  • Options
    Carlsberg
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Carlsberg[/quote]

The ad like the lager lacks taste
  • Options
    Tha advert isn't aimed at the players. If it was, Carlsberg would be hoping for what? Twenty three extra sales?
    The advert is aimed at us lot, hoping to tap into our own patriotism, linking a fizzy, tasteless, poor standard of beer with the hopes of the nation.
    I happen to really like the advert but it isn't going to make me drink Carlsberg.
    I'm not sure if a free case being sent to my home would even entice me to drink it again. Too many memories of being young and stupid- before I discovered what beer should taste like.
    A great advert but a very poor product.
    All flash and no function.

(Sounds like the England team to me!)
  • Options
    Like the advert but the majority of the England team are not fit to be mentioned in the same sentence at Sir Bobby.

Sir Bobby- ultimate gent and legend of the game
    Certain England players- bell ends.
  • Options
    Carlsberg are utter wankers for using his name without donating any of their profits to his charity.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Carlsberg are utter wankers for using his name without donating any of their profits to his charity.

If that's true then I am appalled
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Carlsberg are utter wankers for using his name without donating any of their profits to his charity.

As above.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    Sir Bobby- ultimate gent and legend of the game
    Certain England players- bell ends.
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite]

As above.

Agree with all of the above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's too OTT for me, and thought the same before the World Cup.

Also agree that Carlsberg should contribute to the Bobby Moore Fund
  • Options
    Haven't seen the ad, but shouldn't they be supporting the Danish team?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Haven't seen the ad, but shouldn't they be supporting the Danish team?

probably
  • Options
    Seem to remember that Bobby wasn't always the great hero figure he is now, to the press at least.

Was there not an "in the name of Allah, go" headline after we lost to Saudi Arabia.

And after a bad Euro 88 he was attacked in the press.

Great guy and a successful manager IMHO.

Don't like the add or the beer. Just part of the over-hyping of the England team and players and just to sell Danish beer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Seem to remember that Bobby wasn't always the great hero figure he is now, to the press at least.
    Even in the great 1990 World Cup we drew the first two games, not that I'm old enough to remember the press reaction.
  • Options
    It is very true that Bobby Robson got his share of flak in the press back in the day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Seem to remember that Bobby wasn't always the great hero figure he is now, to the press at least.
    Even in the great 1990 World Cup we drew the first two games, not that I'm old enough to remember the press reaction.

Good point.
  • Options
    He also, believe it or not, got busted by The News of the Screws for playing an away fixture with a younger lady in the late 80's.

The more things change....
  • Options
    which bobby does the advert refer too ? Bobby Robson or Bobby Moore?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]which bobby does the advert refer too ? Bobby Robson or Bobby Moore?
    The "Do it for Bobby" is Robson.

They just have Moore standing at the top of the steps with a lion - the native animal of England.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ty wws
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    They just have Moore standing at the top of the steps with a lion - the native animal of England.

Lions aren't native to England : - )
  • Options
    I like the advert seeing as it was filmed at The Den and generated more income for us!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]I like the advert seeing as it was filmed at The Den and generated more income for us!

along with the Kitkat advert