Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for Wednesday

Here's my team for Wednesday:

Hart (might as well give him a try)
Johnson (terrible defender but dangerous going forward)
Dawson (one for the future)
King (will give his best)
Cole (has been steadier than most)
Carrick (will give his best)
Parker (tell FIFA that he is Warnock - they will never know)
Barry (Ok performance)
Millner (will give his best)
Defoe (will give his best)
Rooney (must come good soon) - otherwise Bent (oh no, he can't play)

At least this lot would go down fighting.......

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2010
    James (Capello wil not change again)

Johnson (no one else)
    Terry (will play for certain)
    Dawson (King not fit, Upson pony and Carragher suspended. Also believe at 26 Dawson has a future with England for a few years) Dawson has also been excelent this season unlike many others.
    Cole (shoe in choice)

Milner (worth another chance)
    Barry (need more game time, vital part of team)
    Lampard (not going to be dropped and capable of a goal)
    J Cole (beyond me why he has not played yet, by far one of our better more creative players) also can switch more effectively with Milner if needed.

Gerrard (this could be his last chance in an England shirt, needs to have a good game)- also if this seems not to be working after 25mins or so, can swap with Joe Cole.
    Rooney (not going to dropped, if he can stay calm, agree he must come good).

Lennon may be more effective from the bench, Crouch always a threat and Defoe has scored most of his England goals against teams like Slovenia so surely he will get on regardless of how England are doing.
  • Options
    Beyond caring now

Really can't be arsed anymore
  • Options
    --James--
    Johnson-Upson-Terry-A Cole
    --Barry--
    Lennon-Lampard-J Cole
    Gerrard/Rooney
  • Options
    Agent Sven, agent Capello.....
  • Options
    David James
    Glen Johnson John Terry Michael Dawson Ashley Cole
    Steven Gerrard Frank Lampard Gareth Barry Joe Cole
    Wayne Rooney Peter Crouch

Lennon has been pish poor
    Wright-Phillips has not been much better
    Crouch as much as I dislike him is the best option from what we have. I see the benefits of what Heskey brings to the side but it worked a million times more with Michael Owen that it does Rooney
  • Options
    Joe Cole needs a run out!
  • Options
    If we play 4-4-2 I give up. Slovenia play a very rigid and organised 4-4-2 and are tough side to break down.

We need to switch to 4-5-1 or 3-5-2. I think 4-5-1 is the most likely with Gerrad behind Rooney. It's just bizarre how little Gerrard has actually played off a front man for England. Rooney has scored 20 + goals last season in a 4-5-1/4-3-3. No matter how frustrated he gets Rooney has to stay disciplined and wait for chances and stay central. I would have gone for Hart as my number one at this World Cup but really cannot see Capello changing keeper again despite James attempts to publicly undermine his manager. We're getting as bad as the French! No better alternatives than Lampard and Barry no matter how badly they are playing. If Parker was out there he'd be straight in. My team:

Hart

Johnson - bit harsh to say he is a terrible defender.
    Terry
    Dawson
    Cole

Wright-Phillips - Actually beat a full back against Algeria when he came on, more than Lennon has done in two games.
    Barry
    Lampard
    J.Cole

Gerrard

Rooney