Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Zealand - Italy

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
New Zealand one up....

SMELTZ!!!

Fantastic.....

Comments

• Options
    Dirty cheating diving bastard - never a penalty
  • Options
    Theatrics from Italians gave nullified nz strikers as they won't move their arms for fear of red card

interesting to see if the ref sees a replay of the "penalty" and evens things up in the 2nd half because you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be shirt pulling
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Definite penalty for me. Someone should tell the new Zealand team that this is football not rugby. They should stop using their elbows and the shirt pulling.
  • Options
    If any of those elbows even touched that Italian geezer then I'll eat my hat.
  • Options
    Bollocks - definite penalty. Shirt pulling pisses me off, I don't care if they are the underdog.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Bollocks - definite penalty. Shirt pulling pisses me off, I don't care if they are the underdog.

I agree shirt pulling should be a penno BUT there are 10 to 15 instances in every single game. First FIFA should announce a tightening of the rules then start giving penalties.
  • Options
    definite penalty, exaggerated or not you can't pull shirts in the modern game, yellow card and pen
  • Options
    Definite pen, but I'd like to see more consistency, most instances of shirt pulling go unpunished.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Dirty cheating diving bastard - never a penalty

Shameful performance from the Italians. This constant diving is infuriating and whatever complaints there may be about supporting England, at least you do not have to watch this.

Cannot say, in the context of this game, that it was a definite penalty. Italians pulled shirts from early in the match without being called. Imagine the ref thought that De Rossi was tripped from behind.
  • Options
    nz goal was offside.

Europe struggles again.

The americas looking strong in this WC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cracking game to watch. Ryan Nelsen was an absolute god today. Italians were several notches above England the other day but still never really looked like winning it.
  • Options
    A lot of the so-called heavyweights are finding themselves up against the ropes in the opening round.

How many of them will drop by the wayside? How many will shake off the cobwebs and go on to fight future rounds?

Like it or not (and it depends whom you support), it is a more interesting tournament (even if the games aren't particularly entertaining) to see England, France, Italy, Germany and even Brazil (against the Koreans) struggling against unfashionable underdogs. The other unexpected development is how poorly the African teams have fared so far on their own continent.
  • Options
    Ryan Nelson MOM against current world champions.. The same Ryan Nelson who came for a trail at the valley and was told to train with reserves by Curbishley.

Thought i'd just add that in for debate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]Ryan Nelson MOM against current world champions.. The same Ryan Nelson who came for a trail at the valley and was told to train with reserves by Curbishley.

an excellent pointless point made!

1 good game doesn't make him a worldie
  • Options
    no but his many games for blackburn does mean that he is a decent player.

Curbs made mistakes but imho not as many than his successes.

Moving back to here and now rory fallon anyone?
  • Options
    Quite liked Rory Falon when he was at Swansea.
  • Options
    get the kid from West Brom in on loan. Won't play much in the PL for them this season so could do with a season in League 1.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]get the kid from West Brom in on loan. Won't play much in the PL for them this season so could do with a season in League 1.

Christ that kid's a big old lump for a young 'un eh?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]Ryan Nelson MOM against current world champions.. The same Ryan Nelson who came for a trail at the valley and was told to train with reserves by Curbishley.

All about the timing.

We had better players back then as a Premiership club and a YOUNG Ryan Nelson was probably at that level then.

It is exactly the same kind of scenario as those whom persist in slagging Curbs off for releasing Michael Turner when the reality, to use a current equivalent, is that at the time he was as near the first team as Jack Clark last season.

Some people cannot or will not acknowledge that, actually, Alan Curbishley performed miracles for Charlton Athletic. They have to try and belittle him at every opportunity.

No wonder he decided not to sign another longterm contract.
  • Options
    We could do a lot worse than Chris Wood on loan, big lump who would have no problem with the pysical nature of L1. Also looks like he can get a goal, he will prob get a Champ loan after today though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done the All Whites
  • Options
    Considering we are now a league 1 club I thought that it made for an interesting thought that the MOM against the current world champions was rejected a trail by us. Thats all.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]Considering we are now a league 1 club I thought that it made for an interesting thought that the MOM against the current world champions was rejected a trail by us. Thats all.

That's fair enough.

However you did also say ....'Thought i'd just add that in for debate.'....and that is why I responded as I did.

I misunderstood you, as you mentioned Curbishley and made the debate comment, and thought you were having a dig at Curbs and responded accordingly.

Sorry.
  • Options
    Fantastic result..

Ricki Herbert in my view is a really good manager, he got Wellington Phoenix to the finals in the A league having lost Shane Smeltz to the money boys of the gold coast and is now showing after getting NZ qualified for the world cup he can mix it with the very best..

Top manager I reckon...I like him...