Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open

Anyone staying up for this? McDowell playing this beast like its Mitcham public whilst everyone else just disintegrates around him. Compelling in the extreme.

Comments

• Options
    Mickelson not out of it unfortunately. Everyone else having bit of a mare. Love a European win.
  • Options
    Congratulations to McDowell, first european in 40 years to win the US Open
  • Options
    great news,was hoping to hear this in the morning.
  • Options
    saying that he has been knocking on the door of a major with four european wins this season.
  • Options
    Nolly, Mcdowell had only won once this year prior to the US Open.

However his form had been mint the last 4 weeks.

When he was in college he was the best golfer in America winning 6 out of 12 events.

Plus being brought up on links courses favoured his game at PB.

I must admit i have backed him the last few yrs, but as i did with furyk before he won a major i stoped backing him!

The next one to look out for is Rhys Davies (who I did back), despite finishing badly this weekend, i think the kid could win a major this year or next.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Congratulations to McDowell, first european in 40 years to win the US Open
    European...?

Surely you mean British...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Congratulations to McDowell, first european in 40 years to win the US Open
    European...?

Surely you mean British...

Nope, first European to win it since Tony Jacklin in 1970.

Also how bad was Dustin Johnson's final round?! Leading and then shot 11 over!!
  • Options
    Stayed up to watch it, a compelling 5/6 hours or so of golf.

Seeing top stars drive and pitch like I do was refreshing to see!! In fact even I haven't been as consistently bad hole after hole as Johnson was yesterday!

Fantastic to see McDowell do it, was getting so nervous myself over the last few holes, especially when Havret had the chance to go to E on the 18th and pile the pressure on.

That course was dangerous, the impossible rough around the bunkers, greens that were as hard and fast as concrete and a blustery wind to boot, sod playing that!