Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton staff placed at risk of redundancy

WSSWSS
edited June 2010 in General Charlton

Comments

• A sad reflection of where we've fallen to. Best of luck to everyone affected.
  • Good Luck to one and all.
  • What a sorry old state. And when people moan about things not being in the club shop/the ticket office arent answering the phone / the Official site is shit as its not up to date... we can bear in mind these added redundancies.

What a mess.
  • Tough season ahead. Good luck to all affected.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]What a sorry old state. And when people moan about things not being in the club shop/the ticket office arent answering the phone / the Official site is shit as its not up to date... we can bear in mind these added redundancies.

What a mess.

Agree. Good luck to those involved.
  • Good luck to those involved
  • A difficult time for you all, I wish you all the best of luck.
  • The pain continues....where is this all going to end up one asks oneself?
  • ! Operation Ewood is hot news !

Yeah, Curb It - Official site is not current ..........

http://cafc.co.uk/GalleryPicDisplay.ink?gallery=ewood

Bearing in mind this was under Pardew.

Grreat initiative by the Club and Haddicks faithful but not much to brag about in 2010.
  • How depressing. Good luck to those affected - I hope you find something else soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• nightmare times for the staff down there .... good luck to one and all
  • Good luck to all those affected.
  • [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Good luck to all those affected.

Cheers Budgie, just don't think they will get any second chances, unlike the Selhurst 29 !
  • I hope all those affected are soon back in work or find their positions are safe. Hopefully this will be the begining and the end of this type of news for you.
  • [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Good luck to all those affected.

Cheers Budgie, just don't think they will get any second chances, unlike the Selhurst 29 !

Unfortunatly, I don't think all of the Selhurst 29 got there jobs back, some did thankfully, but from what I can gather not all of them.
  • Dissapointing for the staff of both clubs, I'll see them at Forest Hill job centre
  • Lets hope they can find secure jobs quickly. Best wishes to all under threat.
  • disappointing to hear. Thought last year's and Waggy going would have been enough. Good luck to all concerned and hope soemthing can be worked out.
  • Good luck to all concerned.

Been there a few times over the years never nice.

Shame that most of not all the players are no doubt sitting beside a pool without a vare in the world, and when you get down to basics its there performances that have caused this over the past 3 years

A real shame
  • edited June 2010
    I think the man actually given the task of getting us straight back up to the championship, given one of the best and highest paid squads in the league, and an extension to his contract, had something to do with it as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• oh leave him alone.
  • Good luck and best wishes to all those at CAFC, maybe except for that fool serving in the North Stand bar who does not know what a lager top is!!!
    Not that I drink lager top......it was for a friend!!
  • edited June 2010
    A stark example of the severity of our financial problems so soon after shedding more than half a million from our annual wages bill with the departures of Moutouakil and Waggott.

One would have thought such measures would save jobs but it appears not.

Good luck to those affected by this grim news.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]oh leave him alone.

No.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]One would have thought such measures would save jobs but it appears not.

How do you know it hasnt saved jobs, clearly it hasnt saved all of the jobs, but to then assume none have been saved is a rather silly, surely.
  • Sorry to hear this, and I hope lessons have been learned after the way this was done last time.

I know a few people that work at the club and as flair as I'm concerned they all do a tremendous job and have had to really graft under difficult conditions with reduced numbers, of late. If they just knock off a few lower paid staff again who cost a fraction of misfiring reserve's (or top manager's) salary and don't make some sensible cuts (I'm thinking keeping that laughing-stock scoreboard, for a start, isn't worth somebody losing their livliehood for). Horrible times for those affected and not great for those that dodge the bullet.
  • Shame we cannot make some of the Board Redundant...
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Good luck and best wishes to all those at CAFC, maybe except for that fool serving in the North Stand bar who does not know what a lager top is!!!
    Not that I drink lager top......it was for a friend!!
    Uh huh...
  • Sad for those involved as I'm sure they are all very committed and work very hard. However let's get some balance here. If it means we can keep a stronger playing squad than we otherwise could then that must be what we really want.
    Also the comment from Ketman about the Board is misinformed - none of them get paid and in effect many of them effectively pay huge sums for the privelige of keeping us solvent
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]One would have thought such measures would save jobs but it appears not.

How do you know it hasnt saved jobs, clearly it hasnt savedallof the jobs, but to then assume none have been saved is a rather silly, surely.

A shame you only quote part of my post thus placing what you do quote out of context!

I also said this: "A stark example of the severity of our financial problems so soon after shedding more than half a million from our annual wages bill with the departures of Moutouakil and Waggott." prior to my comment about the jobs.

To use a drinking analogy it is evident that losing Moo2 and waggott hasn't even touched the sides of our financial problems and has only served to partially plug past losses rather than set us on an even keel for the future.

Let us assume for illustrative purposes that Moo2 and Waggott cost a combined £676,800 per annum, a not unreasonable assumption given the figures banded about.

That is the equivalent of 20 people on £30k per annum plus the employers national insurance on those salaries. Alternatively it is 30 people on £20k per annum plus the employers national insurance.

Now I am in no position to know, firstly, how many people Charlton Athletic employs or, secondly, how much those people earn but the salaries I've quoted are probably not unrealistic for non-football staff so it is not unreasonable to think that 20-30 peoples jobs should have been saved thanks to the departure of Waggott and Moutouakil unless of course the losses being made are even worse!