Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Come on Serbia....

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
As it stands at half time you're going out

a win will take you through, and, more importantly, put the Germans out if they draw with Ghana

Comments

• I thought Germany were out if it stays as it currently is - according to my Sky Sports app
  • No, if both games stay the same, Germany finish second on GD.
  • as it stands at the moment according to the beeb:

Group D teams P W D L F A GD PTS
    Ghana 3 1 2 0 2 1 1 5
    Germany 3 1 1 1 4 1 3 4
    Serbia 3 1 1 1 1 1 0 4
    Australia 3 0 2 1 1 5 -4 2

sorry for the formatting
  • Oooop, germans just scored.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Oooop, germans just scored.

:-(
  • in the words of Hugh Grant.........

bugger
  • Germany 3 2 0 1 5 1 4 6
    Ghana 3 1 1 1 2 2 0 4
    Serbia 3 1 1 1 1 1 0 4
    Australia 3 0 2 1 1 5 -4 2
  • So what's the deal now? Aus or Ghana?

Is it about goals scored or goal difference?
  • still Ghana and Germany
  • final table

Germany 3 2 0 1 5 1 4 6
    Ghana 3 1 1 1 2 2 0 4
    Australia 3 1 1 1 3 6 -3 4
    Serbia 3 1 0 2 2 3 -1 3
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2010
    i can see it now

"wagner---hitler---borris becker we have given you boys a hell of a beating !!" 89 min penalty , which isnt a pen mmmmmmmmmmmmm nice.

we go on to play USA in semi and win 2 nil before beating Spain on pens in final and the Scots all emigrate to Greenland as they wont want to hear us bleat on about 2010 for another 50 years.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]

we go on to play USA in semi .

I'm sure that's not possible
  • I can't even begin to imagine it's possible England would play in the Final
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I can't even begin to imagine it's possible England would play in the Final

stay positive , we're still in it and we have players who haven't even got going yet and in a one off cup game anything can happen
  • If we'd scored 1 more goal today (or if Green hadn't cocked up against USA) we'd be playing Ghana then probably Uruguay in the 1/4 final and suddenly we're in the semis and anything can happen.

Instead we've got Germany and then probably Argentina.

I think even the most optimistic of England fans would have to admit it doesn't look good for us. The only positive i can think of is that historically England always raise their game and perform better against the bigger nations.

Anyone got the odds for a German penalty shoot out win?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The only positive i can think of is that historically England always raise their game and perform better against the bigger nations.
    That and Germany coming and attacking us should create a little bit more space going forward.
  • edited June 2010
    Germany were flattered by the Australian result, the Aussies were diabolical.

In their next two games the Krauts lost to a very poor Serbian side (who lost their other two games) and did an OK job against Ghana to win 1-0.

England - Germany will be 1-0 either way.

My view is that Capello is basically trying to win this "Italian Style" and keep things as tight as possible at the back and nick a goal on the break or from a set-play.

Don't forget that we have only conceded two proper shots on our goal in three games (including the Green goal), James has not had to make a single serious save in the last two games.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Germany were flattered by the Australian result, the Aussies were diabolical.

In their next two games the Krauts lost to a very poor Serbian side (who lost their other two games) and did an OK job against Ghana to win 1-0.

A little harsh in my opinion. Germany had Klose sent off unfairly against Serbia, and even then they should have won the game. It also meant they had Klose missing against Ghana, without whom they don't look quite the same side.

They're a good side, just not an exceptional one. If we can keep Ozil quiet we've got a good chance.
  • Klose is amazing, isn't he? He has not been making his club side this year but has banged in goals in the last THREE World Cup's!!!

He is a decent striker but, as you say, the key will be blocking the supply from Ozil.

I would rate the game 60/40 in favour of the Germans but if England can get the first goal then it could be game on.
  • Most bookies can't call it and have the odds for both us and the Germans exactly the same