Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spain v Portugal...

Not really bothered who wins as long as the brave bullfighters put the muff diving winkers to the sword...

Comments

• I'm only watching to see Ronaldo bawling at the end
  • Don't need forwards here, we need f***ing locksmiths.
  • Leroy will be happy. I must say there is a lot more err talent on the pitch tonight than ive seen all world cup.
  • El Torres 1-0 Goofys Pals...
  • what a dull world cup this is
  • the dullest ever.
  • So f***ing dull playing against teams like that. More of the same in the quarters as well - Paraguay will set up exactly the same way. I know there'll be the usual mugs saying that Spain don't have a plan B, and that teams playing against them aren't under any obligation to play attacking football, and they like seeing teams kick players who want to pass it blah blah blah - but if anyone can look me in the eye and say that Portugal deserved anything from that game I'm a Dutchman's uncle. It's absolutely ruining the world cup as a spectacle.
  • portugal deserved nothing but maybe they deserved to go thru due to capdetwat's bailey impression ... the reaction after the reaction was beyond pathetic
  • Yeah - cos that makes sense. They deserved to go through - despite doing f***-all for the entire ninety minutes - because of one player's reaction to a challenge. Look again at the replay (the one I saw on Spanish telly) - he clearly elbows him. Pathetic reaction, but that's to be expected from all players nowadays.
  • hopefully fifa will ban the actor for a game and then it may eventually put a stop to all these pathetic reactions
  • Sponsored links:

• good 2nd half

Clear foul if you watch the screen and dont listen to wankers pearce and lawrenson

Great world cup as well if you want to enjoy it that is. If you make your mind up it's boring and close your eyes to what you are actually seeing then you will find it boring. Your loss.

: - )
  • Spain showed their quality at times but the difference was a world class striker. That's why they're in the next round. God only knows how many he's going to score up front for Barcelona next season!
  • Ronaldo always turns it on in the big games, doesn't he?
  • I loved the moment when Pearce said "Spain haven't had a booking in the first round. First team to do this since Hungary in the 50s". Lawro chirps in with, "well I can see what you did with your day. Sad."

Yeah, what he did with his day Mark, is a bit of background work. Not unreasonable since a vast amount of the public's money has been spent flying you out to SA and keeping you fed and lodged at a nice standard, so that you can offer expert commentary. Although to be fair, "expert" in my book tends to tell me things that I wouldn't be able to see instead of stringing together a series of contradictory stereotypes and occasionally piping up with things like, "that Luis Fabiano, has he played much for Brazil?" It's sad when Pearce looks the better man, although to be fair him going on about Spain only having won the last European Championship showed a spectacular level of ignorance of the sport's basic high-level facts.

Thank god for the red button.

Anyway, agree with Henry, that was a wonderful tactical game. Spain evened it up by persisting with Torres. Where's that thread in which most people reckoned Torres and Rooney were streets ahead of Villa?
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I loved the moment when Pearce said "Spain haven't had a booking in the first round. First team to do this since Hungary in the 50s". Lawro chirps in with, "well I can see what you did with your day. Sad."

Yeah, what he did with his day Mark, is a bit of background work. Not unreasonable since a vast amount of the public's money has been spent flying you out to SA and keeping you fed and lodged at a nice standard, so that you can offer expert commentary. Although to be fair, "expert" in my book tends to tell me things that I wouldn't be able to see instead of stringing together a series of contradictory stereotypes and occasionally piping up with things like, "that Luis Fabiano, has he played much for Brazil?" It's sad when Pearce looks the better man, although to be fair him going on about Spain only having won the last European Championship showed a spectacular level of ignorance of the sport's basic high-level facts.

Anyway, agree with Henry, that was a wonderful tactical game. Spain evened it up by persisting with Torres. Where's that thread in which most people reckoned Torres and Rooney were streets ahead of Villa?
    I give you post #81 on this thread :o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I give you post #81 onthis thread:o)
    That's wot I'm TORRKING ABART!
    LeeApprentice460.jpg
  • A cagy game, as expected, Spain picked the lock brilliantly, and I got a decent night's sleep...
  • Villa is my favourite player of the WC I think
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I loved the moment when Pearce said "Spain haven't had a booking in the first round. First team to do this since Hungary in the 50s". Lawro chirps in with, "well I can see what you did with your day. Sad."

I give you post #81 onthis thread:o)

I'll also point you to post #103 & #113. We can all get it wrong!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I loved the moment when Pearce said "Spain haven't had a booking in the first round. First team to do this since Hungary in the 50s". Lawro chirps in with, "well I can see what you did with your day. Sad."

I give you post #81 onthis thread:o)

I'll also point you to post #103 & #113. We can all get it wrong!
    Haha - I did actually read the thread yesterday and thought of qualifying it, but it was funnier to actually find and point out the original post you made instead :o)
  • Sponsored links:

• i just couldnt see past the 34 goals and PFA Player of the year award at the time :0)
  • Villa has scored exactly zero goals in the premier league.
    Ergo - Rooney is better.

See, you cant argue with facts !!!!!