Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre-season starts tomorrow.....

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
....looks like it could be fun. With only 16 registered players then the next week's training could be interesting.....

currently we have just one wide player in the squad (Waggy) as i'm sure Sam will be off to a club offering better terms than we can

Also have 4 strikers - 2 of whom never played a league game for us last season (tuna & fleetwood) and another (mcLeod) who was injured most of the season.

If I was Parky I would pick up the phone & ring Milan Mandoric (sp) at once !!!

This club is really in the s**t !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Thats your most optimistic posting yet.... seriously.

Still at least there will be lots of one on one training
  • We're doomed!
  • 16 who are the 16 last i read elsewere was 10 or 11 ?

Or we talkingthe ones offered contracts but not signed?
  • Wagstaff is out of contract himself... I expect he'll stay but had hoped more contracts would have been sorted out by now.
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]16 who are the 16 last i read elsewere was 10 or 11 ?

Or we talkingthe ones offered contracts but not signed?
    Is around 16 with the first year pros, Mambo, Jenkinson, Davisson, Tuna and Perkins.
  • thats Ok at least they can have a 5 aside with subs tomorrow
  • No training tomorrow, they have to learn hoe to use the washing machines and sort out the washing rota as we will have sold the kit man
  • Take your boots Golfie and they might let you join in
  • edited June 2010
    Cheers Golfie I had not realised it was that bad, I am going to shut myself in a cupboard for 12 months and pray that things will be better when I emerge, although my aroma will not!
  • Elliott
    Solly Richardson Youga Llera
    Racon Semedo Stravonov(spelling?)
    Sodje Fleetwood McLeod Tuna

That's only 12 with contracts

Likes of Basey/Wagstaff are out of contract still aren't they?
  • Sponsored links:

• i expect we'll see half a dozen "A Trialists" on the teamsheet for wimbledon.
  • Wembley singles?
  • Sounds a good pairing Fleetwood Mac.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Elliott

Okay, of the out of contract players, only Solly and Strogonoff have since signed.

But in Choicey's Golf Day video interview with Grant Basey, Basey clearly said he'd had a number off offers from other clubs but had been told to report for first day of pre-season training on 1st July.

Surely the same applies for all other out of contract players that hadn't been officially released?
    None appear to be fixed up at other clubs yet.
  • Fortune played for us last year in pre-season, so while we might get an idea that a player isn't staying if he doesn't play, anyone that does play hasn't necessarily signed a new contract or decided to play. Doubt that'll happen often though.
  • One of the reasons I have found pre-season friendlies frustrating is that they don't really give much of an indication of the team which will start the first league game- I remember seeing Di Canio at Welling just prior to what was supposed to be his second season with us, but he was gone before the season started. Then there was the pre-season when James Walker was our top scorer, working alongside Charlton hero JFH!
  • My pre season starts tonight too. I am working my fitness up in the hope for a trial with the addicks
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Elliott

Okay, of the out of contract players, only Solly and Strogonoff have since signed.

But in Choicey's Golf Day video interview with Grant Basey, Basey clearly said he'd had a number off offers from other clubs but had been told to report for first day of pre-season training on 1st July.

Surely the same applies for all other out of contract players that hadn't been officially released?
    None appear to be fixed up at other clubs yet.

I don't know BUT I'd have thought that if they are out of contract they have no obligation to turn up for pre season training. They may do to keep fit or they may train elsewhere, maybe somewhere closer to home or maybe at another club who are going to offer a contract, sort of a trial. I see Franny Jeffers, released by Sheff Weds, is training with Huddersfield whilst he decides what to do next (offers from Dubai and MLS to consider). Whilst I expect Basey and Waggy will be there I wouldn't be surprised if Sodje and especially Burton were not.
  • Well, which Lifer is down at Sparrows Lane right now ?

We need someone to let us know who's turned up for training, who's conspicuous by their absence - and which trialists and prospective signings are being put through their paces......??

Report please ........ and soon. I've got to go out shortly. ;o)
  • just seen the first team squad arrive.............in a taxi !
  • Sponsored links:

• LOL, Golfie!
  • lol seconded.
  • Golfie has a sense of humour shocker. Whatever next, Oggy to post a criticism ? ;-)
  • Twitter says pre-season starts on Monday, but some players came back early.

Some players have reported to Sparrows Lane early, but pre-season training starts on Monday. When we'll have pics... (MW) #cafc