Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ghana

2»

Comments

• Options
    I know that they've won it twice but that was ages ago. Anyway, no my wife does not detest Uruguay, she cheers for them and considers them her second team. I've always been surprised by this but all her family feel the same, perhaps because they live on the border, and when I say 'on' I mean it quite literally when you consider the floods!
    My wife says that Chile are really the rivals and after that Brazil.
    Seems strange but don't argue with her because she's right!
  • Options
    yeah.... I heard there is some bad blood between both Argentinians and Uruguays re: Chile

For the former it relates to Brit forces using Chilean land during the Falklands....as I remember it.....

gutted for Ghana though..... the guy who missed the ET pen (Gyan?) will take a long time to get over that eh!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Unbelievable bias, and seemingly all because there's some bloke in the studio who thought so much of his country that he went and played for another!

Absolutely. I was thinking that it must have been someone else like his twin brother or something.

Since when was he Ghanian ffs. He won the World Cup for France. Makes the racist French people saying that it wasn't a real French team correct, doesn't he? Talk about an idiot.

Unbelievably harsh IMHO.

He's from Ghana but moved to France so has both countries in his heart. Why does it have to be either/or?

Plenty of English national teams (especially Cricket and Rugger) "adopt" overseas players when it suits them. Do we not celebrate an ashes win if we have Kevin Pedersen (sp) in the side.

Plenty of people on here, for example, Irish parents and like to see both Ireland and England do well. Leroy supports England and Spain.

And Jimmy, no he doesn't make any racist French fans right, he just shows them up as the the racists they are.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Unbelievable bias, and seemingly all because there's some bloke in the studio who thought so much of his country that he went and played for another![/quote]

Absolutely. I was thinking that it must have been someone else like his twin brother or something.

Since when was he Ghanian ffs. He won the World Cup for France. Makes the racist French people saying that it wasn't a real French team correct, doesn't he? Talk about an idiot.
    [/quote]

Unbelievably harsh IMHO.

He's from Ghana but moved to France so has both countries in his heart. Why does it have to be either/or?

Plenty of English national teams (especially Cricket and Rugger) "adopt" overseas players when it suits them. Do we not celebrate an ashes win if we have Kevin Pedersen (sp) in the side.

Plenty of people on here, for example, Irish parents and like to see both Ireland and England do well. Leroy supports England and Spain.

And Jimmy, no he doesn't make any racist French fans right, he just shows them up as the the racists they are.[/quote]

I'm 3/4 indian 1/4 English, born and bred here, I support England football,English Circket aywhere in the world except when India tour England I support India, on the other hand when England tour India I support England. When an English team plays the Indian national football team (incidentally managed by an englishman) I just laugh!
  • Options
    So from above - there are 4 million people in Ghana but 1.5 million of them in the UK ?
  • Options
    What a victory for South America.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]So from above - there are 4 million people in Ghana but 1.5 million of them in the UK ?
    It's Uruguay that has a population of around 4 million.
  • Options
    the whole of south america can be proud after that amazing win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]the whole of south america can be proud after that amazing win.

My sister in law is Brazilian and thus Im beaming with pride today for Uruguay's victory. Ive just had her on the phone in tears saying its a great day for South America and it nulls the disappointment of Brazil's exit.

All her neighbours have been celebating with her and dancing round her kitchen in royal tunbridge wells trying to catch chickens.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]the whole of south america can be proud after that amazing win.

LOL! (and I effing hate that phrase!).

All this nonsense about "Africa" has got right on my tits! OK once or twice fine but they go on and on and on!

The bias and discrimination against Uruguay was blatant. A tiny country in South America.

I arrived home just in time for Ghana's goal and, whilst having no strong feelings either way, probably wanted Ghana to win at that stage. After listening to biased analysts and commentators I was positively rooting for Uruguay by the end.

I hope they do Holland too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it was the "whole of africa" rubbish that got on my tits to be honest and as for PrinceTwat he is one dirty bar-steward. They played with heart and spirit and a good degree of skill im glad that our sorry bunch didnt have to face them------- Woolwich would have been rocking after they had stuffed us.

Still i guess that the "wholeof Europe" will be behind the Spanish-- Germans-- Dutch ? the again maybe we/they wont.
  • Options
    They were crying on the streets of Accra... I mean Africa... last night

The whole of Europe will be behind Germany and Spain today.