Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Training Today

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]I didn't claim is was scary of upsetting, just pointless and stupid. Would you can choose to work somewhere where kids hurl abuse at you for doing your job or would you choose to work somewhere where you can get on in peace.

If you're not sure of the answer go hurl some abuse at someone working on the underground and see what reaction you get.

I doubt they were that bothered. When I was younger I saw Andy Roberts, Etienne Verveer and another Millwall player I can't remember outside a bakers in New Eltham. I shouted something or gave some hand gesture and Andy Roberts stuck his finger up at me.

No need to worry though PeteF, I've turned out ok though (except for my time in Feltham and Belmarsh).
  • Good to hear from you Sparrows
    Pete F, did this episode get filmed and put on youtube? Most school-based japery seems to go that way.
  • My Aunt's live-in lover (Carl) works at the Millwall ticket-office. Apparently Darren Ward has been in bits since an unpleasant incident at the training ground.

Harvey's Trainer is right. Pitch-side abuse from a minor is no joke.
  • Word on the street is following the incident, Darren Ward has handed in a transfer request.

However, Sky Sports News understands that the rumour that Darren is coming down tonight with 30 mates from another school, is in fact ill-founded.
  • Floyd, it was not filmed! as for leaving my ssons school under funded, I hardly feel the fee paid to the school is essential to the schools funding, I may be wrong but I think the bulk of the money required comes from elsewhere, so Millwall not using it is harldy going to bankrupt the school, and in my sons defence, most kids of that age would have done the same thing. Professional players are quite used to an amount of stick, and training in such a place would obviously lead to some level of stick. I am not the sort of parent who thinks taking their kids up to the North Stand will make a man of him, I am though, someone with a sense of humour.....
  • [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]I hope you are also one of the parents who takes his young son to stand in the North stand to teach him how to be a real man.

I assume you will also be one of the parents who complain when Millwall take their money elsewhere leaving your sons school under funded.

LOL!
  • What aunty is that Mickey Bennett?
  • Harveys trainer have any connections with a jobs worth Off Sted inspector?

Millsmall deserve the abuse from time to time. We don't want them thinking there really tough with all those plastic fans that only turn up for the last few games of the season. Ohh of course the Charlton games.

(You only come to see the Charlton springs to mind)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Word on the street is following the incident, Darren Ward has handed in a transfer request.

However,Sky Sports News understandsthat the rumour that Darren is coming down tonight with 30 mates from another school, is in fact ill-founded.

Bundle....................
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Imagine if it was Charlton training at a school and PeteF come on saying that his son witnessed a young Millwall fan hurling abuse at the Charlton players....oh how different all your comments would be!

I for one applaud the junior Addick, Charlton could do with more passionate fans like him!

Although it pains me, I totally agree with you.
  • Sponsored links:

• BDLBDL
    edited July 2010
    What Pete fails to tell you all is that Dan has previous form, a certain Mr. Mills at the Valley.

Pete, tell them.

(ps Love Henners comment about him being the Deputy Head)

I had to raffle a signed Millsmall football this afternoon at our School Fayre, it went for £12.05p
  • He can just say it wasn't his fault and and he was only standing his ground but is now being picked on......If it's a good enough excuse for Millwall.....
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]What Pete fails to tell you all is that Dan has previous form, a certain Mr. Mills at the Valley.

Pete, tell them.

(ps Love Henners comment about him being the Deputy Head)

I had to raffle a signed Millsmall football this afternoon at our School Fayre, it went for £12.05p

Only a spanner would bid £12.05p.

I bet that auction took ages as the two spanners upped their bids in 5p increments : - )
  • Indeed BDL, he does have form, as a 5 year old he was sat in the family area with me enjoying a game vs Leeds, our friends in the upper north were serenading Mr Mills with a pleasant ditty, it was a pretty constant thing throughout the game, until they fell quiet when my 5 year old leapt to his feet arms outsretched andon his own at the top of his 5 year old voice he sang "Danny Mills is a winker", the worrying thing is this now 14 year old is representing the UK next year at the World Scout Jamboree!