Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup Final - Netherlands v Spain Match Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Someone do something ffs, don't want another half an hour of this shite - have got a season of this to "look forward" to this year!
  • Options
    fucking horns
  • Options
    World Cup in shite final shocker.

Reflects the event as a whole quite well.
  • Options
    Off side i thought
  • Options
    Goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..............
  • Options
    Wrongly!
  • Options
    Thank fcuk for that - let's just get the thing over with now.
  • Options
    Great goal. Justice been done. No thanks to comical Webb.
  • Options
    Dutch showing absolutely no class at the end.
  • Options
    Well the Dutch cloggers got what they deserved. Nowt.

Good job done on Sneijder.

Best Spanish player on the night scored the winner too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spain already got a star on their shirts.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Pleased for Iniesta, one of the worlds best players and deserved his goal. Spain deserved their win and are certainly best team in the world.
  • Options
    best team playing the best football won a good if not great world cup tournament.

Uraguay, ghana, germany and of course spain lit up the event.

England, france and italy stank it out.

South africa hosted it well. None of the predicted problems just big crowds in great venues.
  • Options
    Feel very sorry for Torres. Great player who will probably want to forget this world cup despite his medal. Might not get another crack at the final.
  • Options
    Roy Hodgson must be gutted, Torres will surely be out for the start of the season due to hamstring injury.
  • Options
    Deserved win for Spain, The Netherlands made it a physical game but only managed to upset themselves. Van Bommel and De Jong should have a red card before half time. And I don't understand the whining about Webb, this was a impossible match for a referee. And Robben should have scored twice instead of whining at the referee.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dutch Addick[/cite]Deserved win for Spain, The Netherlands made it a physical game but only managed to upset themselves. Van Bommel and De Jong should have a red card before half time. And I don't understand the whining about Webb, this was a impossible match for a referee. And Robben should have scored twice instead of whining at the referee.

hi DA, are you actually dutch or english living out there? ....whats the dutch media reaction to last night, all blaming Webb?
  • Options
    Best team won...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]hi DA, are you actually dutch or english living out there? ....whats the dutch media reaction to last night, all blaming Webb?

No, I'm genuine Dutch :-)
    In general the media were pretty balanced about a deserved spanish win. It were mainly the players and coach who were moaning about Webb.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dutch Addick[/cite]Deserved win for Spain, The Netherlands made it a physical game but only managed to upset themselves. Van Bommel and De Jong should have a red card before half time. And I don't understand the whining about Webb, this was a impossible match for a referee. And Robben should have scored twice instead of whining at the referee.

Very fair summary DA. There was a big difference in being physical in the face of superior passing and movement but crikey they overstepped the mark last night and were very lucky not be be at least a man down by half time.

I couldn't really understand why Webb got the treatment he did at the end as he did everything he could to keep it 11 v 11 and the players did everyhting they could to make sure it wasn't. Terrible decision for the 'goal kick that wasn't' but it was a stinker to ref that game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I actually quite enjoyed it - it was a tight, tense affair that could have gone either way. After Spain's good start was dulled, we all quickly realised that it would not be a goal feast. And, the result was about right, to be fair.

One of the problems with World Cup Finals nowadays is that we tend to know all the big players and teams well before they come to the WC Finals. Further, teams tend to play in similar styles (though not the finalists, I might add). Therefore, there are less surprises and the product is not dissimilar to what we see week in week out on Match of the Day. In bygone days, the World Cup used to very different. Perhaps, that's because we had Chopper Harris and Tommy Smith dishing it out like the Dutch every week.