Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackheath resturant

Was my birthday Sunday so wandered up to usual place for birthday nosebag--Blackheath. There is a new (well to me Mrs Goonerhater) Indian/Nepalese Resurant called Everest (why would u name a resturant after a doubleglazing company ?)so we tried it. We both agreed it was the best Indian meal ever ! and Mrs G being a chef as well . Very impressed.

Give it a try.

Comments

• Options
    Mr Clegg visited there just before the elections.
    Splendid place, though so is Khans
  • Options
    Cheers, might try it at the weekend.
  • Options
    Had a few meals in there and a few take aways, always very nice.
  • Options
    Usually go to Khans but ive heard the new place by the Crown is very good too, too much choice!
  • Options
    Everest is the best indian around! Love that place.
  • Options
    Eaten there a few times. Top, top curry house.
  • Options
    Yes, been going on and off since it opened. Curried scallop starters - excellent.
  • Options
    A sister restaurant in Hythe too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]A sister restaurant in Hythe too.

Was going to say, my favourite ruby around here.
  • Options
    Ted Moult is often in there......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ted Moult is often in there......
    I think we will 'glaze over that one' Chirpy......
  • Options
    Not been to Everest but sometimes go to another one in Blackheath called Taste of Raj which is pretty good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Ted Moult is often in there......
    I think we will 'glaze over that one' Chirpy......

I think he has got a Betfair account.
    Him-a-layer, I wonder
  • Options
    Ted Moult was one of those 'characters' who lurked around the bbc, but seemed to be famous for 'being famous' outside the window adverts. ( forgive the pun).
    I think he was on 'ask me another'. Dropped like a stone from the bbc as he would have been seen as an endorsement of a product, which was a no no in those days, ( remember the sauce bottles blanked out on early tv)
    William Franklyn was another..... famous for the "Schhh... You Know Who.... and a few bit parts....

The powers that be had to 'protect' the public......and saps like me and you could not be 'influenced' by innocent products' a bit like the legs of tables in Victorian times......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Ted Moult was one of those 'characters' who lurked around the bbc, but seemed to be famous for 'being famous' outside the window adverts. ( forgive the pun).
    I think he was on 'ask me another'. Dropped like a stone from the bbc as he would have been seen as an endorsement of a product, which was a no no in those days, ( remember the sauce bottles blanked out on early tv)
    William Franklyn was another..... famous for the "Schhh... You Know Who.... and a few bit parts....

The powers that be had to 'protect' the public......and saps like me and you could not be 'influenced' by innocent products' a bit like the legs of tables in Victorian times......

I remember Sabina or Sabrina Franklin, every schoolboy's dream ; )
  • Options
    Ted Moult also used to be in The Archers. He was actually a farmer in real life alongside his broadcasting.

If I remember correctly he committed suicide. Very sad.
  • Options
    Everest is a great restaurant ... good food and unhurried service
  • Options
    So an everyday story of .....'double glazing folk' then Len.
  • Options
    I've been told they are opening a restaurant in the parade of shops by The Standard.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Not been to Everest but sometimes go to another one in Blackheath calledTaste of Rajwhich is pretty good.

Seconded. Absolutely lovely food and decent service. First class.