Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southampton ban .....

No not Pards trips to the dentist but ...

Shame

Comments

• Thats a bit racist isnt it?

Shame on them
  • good on them hope we follow suit
  • Good, they have no place in English football
  • yep, can we ban them as well, some kid in front of me had one last night - thankfully he couldn't blow it properly
  • Good on them.

We are exactly the sort of club that would never ban them in my opinion.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]Thats a bit racist isnt it?

Shame on them[/quote]

I presume we take your comment tongue in cheek
  • ban them,horrid noise from a crap world cup
  • Thats a relief. I wondered what I had done.
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]Thats a bit racist isnt it?

Shame on them

I presume we take your comment tongue in cheek

correct

but i have also been thinking that we need to do something unique at The Valley this season to improve the atmosphere. Whilst the vuvuthingymebobs were quite annoying i got used to them in the end.

What else can we do? Obvious answers are

Sing
    Clap
    Moan
    Boo etc

Anyone got any new unique ideas to improve the atmosphere, how can we make oppo players and fans feel uncomfortable whilst in our domain
  • Anything for a bit of noise. Dont bother me what so ever.
    Anyone remeber German (and a few other continentals) football in the 1970's? They loved their air horns never really caught on here though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Air Horns in the Covered End? Continuously pressed for 90 minutes

To cover up the silence in the East and West
  • Also love airhorns mentioned it a while back with a link to some cheap places but no interest
  • Nope Charlton won't do anything about it until someone ends up getting his season ticket taken away from him for reacting towards some twat who blows one of these things in his ear all game.
  • Hope we follow suit and ban them, horrible things.
  • It's a bit pathetic IMO, it's the sort of craze that will blow itself out in a month or so, like inflatable bananas etc. The mildly irritating noice of the vuvus isn't half as bad as the whine of the likes of Alan Green moaning on and on about them. I find it amazing that people who delight in singing the Addams family song week in and week out, often to supporters from urban areas, or simply yelling "fish" when they see a fish on knackered screen, get so upset by a tooting noise.
  • inflatable bananas will never get old
  • We must ban Vuvuthingymabobs too.... or it'll cover up all the moaning and groaning.

Tbh it's quite pathetic banning them, but each to their own, I'll sneak one down me jeans when I go there. :-)
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]I'll sneak one down me jeans when I go there. :-)

you might get kicked out for perversion
  • I don't think we'll actively ban them until the fans actually complain about them. So I'll wait until someone brings one first game then I'll write my complaint.
  • [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]I'll sneak one down me jeans when I go there. :-)

you might get kicked out for perversion

It's southampton. things like this are a normal occurance. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]It's a bit pathetic IMO, it's the sort of craze that will blow itself out in a month or so, like inflatable bananas etc. The mildly irritating noice of the vuvus isn't half as bad as the whine of the likes of Alan Green moaning on and on about them. I find it amazing that people who delight in singing the Addams family song week in and week out, often to supporters from urban areas, or simply yelling "fish" when they see a fish on knackered screen, get so upset by a tooting noise.

This.

And the fact that if anyone does take up the craze it will only be the odd noise from a few people. Not the constant noise of the world cup which require thousands of people blowing all the time.

Get a grip.
  • I was on the train the other day when about 20 kids got on, they all had those vulvazwalas belting out from an app on their phones, what a racket...

Wouldn't be surprized if we see a few more phonezwalas in the coming season...
  • I have a radical idea on how to create a great atmosphere at The Valley.

Keep our best players and win a few games ! But I guess it's a bit too late for that now.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I have a radical idea on how to create a great atmosphere at The Valley.

Keep our best players and win a few games ! But I guess it's a bit too late for that now.
    Been tried, doesn't work...
  • They're still allowed to wear the oversized sunglasses though right?
  • Bristol Rovers have banned them too
  • If you're not allowed a lid on a bottle of drink then I can't see vulvas being allowed for long
  • They'll be plenty of booboozellas at The Valley as usual this season
  • i hope they ban the vulvuezas at the Valley
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]If you're not allowed a lid on a bottle of drink then I can't see vulvas being allowed for long
    *choke* They'd never be able to enforce that Carter, they'd get done under the sex discrimination act.