Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Francis Jeffers

2»

Comments

• Options
    just remembered that in his debut, the villa game I mentioned earlier, our strikeforce was Jeffers and Lisbie. Those two together now, even in League One, would be pony!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Looking at wasters like Jeffers reminds me that football is mostly a game played inside your head.

Sure you need decent ability - but the rest is down to attitude, dedication, concentration and being able to read the game.

There's plenty of players with fantastic ability that never even got offered Pro contracts - but if their head isn't right, they've no chance. Likewise, there are Pros with only basic skills out there, who've not only made their mark at the highest levels but became legends within the game.

It all depends on what goes on inside the player's head.
  • Options
    Scored today

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10432~2101213,00.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Scored today

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10432~2101213,00.html

Bear in mind it was against Leyton Orient. Somehow I doubt they have defenders of the calibre found in the Premiership.....

Still may be able to do a job for us :p
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Scored today

[url][url]http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0[/url][/url],,10432~2101213,00.html[/quote]

Bear in mind it was against Leyton Orient. Somehow I doubt they have defenders of the calibre found in the Premiership.....

Still may be able to do a job for us :p[/quote]

I am just hopong we can breach orients defence a la Jeffers
  • Options
    Kap10, if ever there was a sentence that summed up how far we've fallen, that's it....
  • Options
    I was in Devon over the weekend.

Was having dinner in a pub when the staff started moving tables about to accomodate a large group.

Just as i was finishing my sticky toffee pudding, Blackpool FC sat down next to me, Jeffers was there as well.

Was tempted to call him a tw4t and wish Holloway good luck, but just kept quiet.
  • Options
    In this Blackpool situation you can see the dilemma facing smaller clubs when they get promoted to the Prem. To spend or not to spend? Obviously Holloway wants to improve his side, he wants to compete, and has said numerous times in the press. However if I was the chairman I'd be signing 'cheap' players like Jeffers on 1 year deals, spend some money on improving the infrastucture, and accept we will be relegated (but with the security of knowing we have protected the future of the club for the next few years). Will be interesting to see who wins the internal battle at Blackpool. Hope the chairman has the courage of his convictions and keeps the money in the club. I will not be laughing at them when they get hammered every week - I think they have won a poisoned chalice.
  • Options
    Awww bless!

You can take the kid out of the council estate, but you can't take the council estate out of the kid!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just signed for motherwell
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]just signed for motherwell

Phew! I thought you were going to say, just signed for us.
  • Options
    They love all our old sh** up there at Motherwell don't they!
  • Options
    Motherwell? Should they be re-named CAFC Scotland? First Randolph, now Jeffers... It's only a matter of time before Marcus Bent signs up surely?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Motherwell? Should they be re-named CAFC Scotland? First Randolph, now Jeffers... It's only a matter of time before Marcus Bent signs up surely?

Moutaouokil!