Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New shape Focus vs VW golf

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Lets face it:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The golf has nothing inside :(
  • Options
    Have you checked the new golf match???

I was going to order one as my company car before deciding on an Audi a3

Golf match has touchscreen 6cd autochanger
    Parking sensors
    Dab radio
    Cruise control
    Multifunctionsteering wheel
    Bluetooth phone kit

Some serious kit inside for around 17k
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cookierules[/cite]Parking sensors

These were only invented to Help Women Park !
  • Options
    I'm not buying brand new :(
  • Options
    Golf = Girl's car
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: rufus2005[/cite]Golf = Girl's car

Come here and say that, I'll scratch your eyes out
  • Options
    I always liked driving my family members VW Golfs. They seemed just the right size for nearly all tasks except moving pianos and they have that 'everyman' appeal.
    This changed the first time I drove a Focus.
    All the features of a Golf but much, much nicer to drive. The simple pleasure of driving came back to me and I now own a Focus, (4 years and counting).
  • Options
    I have owned 3 golfs and a focus in the last 12 years - the focus (1.8 zetec) was nice to drive, but mechanically a bag of sh??e. I had to replace the rear wheel bearings at less than 20k miles and at 30k, the bottom end started to knock (maybe it was a Friday afternoon car) - got shut and back to the golf.
    The last 2 golfs I've owned are the 1.9tdi (100bhp) and latest 2.0tdi (130bhp) - I think I prefer the 1.9, as it was quieter and slightly better mpg. I travel down from Cheshire to South Woodham Ferrers in Essex (220 miles) a few times a year to visit relatives and the 2.0tdi averages 57mpg.
    I have never had any trouble with the golfs and will probably end up buying another next year.
    A final point - when I was choosing the golf last time round, I was pitting it against the new shape Honda Civic 2.2tdi and the Seat Leon 1.9tdi - over 3 years the golf was cheaper in servicing costs.
  • Options
    The golf suddenly takes the lead again... reading everyones views it seems the golf is better made but with less features however the focus has better features but not as reliable.