Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The game I wanted us to lose

edited July 2010 in General Charlton
Is anyone else dissapointed that the U18s drew 0-0 with Liverpool.

While I am happy that the youngsters did well against such opposition, I assume that the main reason we were playing them was to have a look at them to assess any loan options.
Given that we are desperately short of strikers I would have prefered an 8-3 defeat with two of the Liverpool lads netting 4 each.

If the Liverpool players being offered to us can't score against our U18s, I'm not sure there will be much there to strenghten our first team squad.

(I'm usually in the glass half full brigade I don't know why a draw at Liverpool has brought out such a negative post)

Comments

• Options
    Not really, if a deal was ever agreed with Liverpool, it's more likely we'll take young pros on loan, players that are 19/20.

Swindon had Stephen Darby last season and Huddersfield had Nathan Eccleston, we don't really have to have an official link with them to take a player or two on loan.
  • Options
    I would imagine if we were to get any players in on loan, they would be part of the Liverpool reserve set-up rather than the youth team.
  • Options
    RM was most adamant that we would be getting some decent players out of this - not like the other link-ups we've had (Inter, etc)