Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McLeod and Burton - from the SLP

Comments

• Options
    Very surprised that Deon wasnt offered a deal.....perhaps we didnt want to insult him!
  • Options
    So Mcloud things he left for Budget reasons and not because he couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo!
  • Options
    Nice comments from Burton and probably a fair assessment from Mcleod too.

Onwards and upwards!
  • Options
    3 goals in 7 starts .......blimey, the stats make McLeod seem prolific....!!

Not many forwards can match that percentage of goals to starts, ha ha.
  • Options
    I suppose they both left on good(ish) terms, burton especially.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Nice comments from Burton and probably a fair assessment from Mcleod too.

Onwards and upwards!

Agree with you, Len.

Very mature and professional comments from Neon Deon.

And impressed with how philosophical McLeod came across.
    Again very professional.
  • Options
    thought Mcleod made some reasonable comments. Hope he enjoys life at Blackpool.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]So Mcloud things he left for Budget reasons and not because he couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo!
    Probably on a similar wages to Racon and Semedo, so if he had scored goals I'm sure we'd be trying to keep him (but then maybe we wouldn't be in the position we are now)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Probably on a similar wags to Racon and Semedo

I expected that kind of behaviour from your Marcus Bents and Carlton Coles, but not our Jose surely - seems far too nice for those kind of shenanigans!
  • Options
    Very disappointed we didn't get Burton back. Maybe we couldn't afford him but surely reduced terms could have been offered?

Or perhaps it was a footballing decision?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe with Burton needing a hernia op most of last season , the staff think he could do a McKenzie this season?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Planty_The_Addick[/cite]Maybe with Burton needing a hernia op most of last season , the staff think he could do a McKenzie this season?

You make it sound all pretty ruthless, Planty!
  • Options
    Maybe Burtons agent was the reason
  • Options
    I'm not 'that' bothered he's gone to be honest
  • Options
    Suspect that Burtons agent was told what sort of deal we could offer at the end of last season, he said no way, we told Burton to go and look around and they never came back to say they would compromise,we never said we would up the possible deal so it just fizzled away.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Suspect that Burtons agent was told what sort of deal we could offer at the end of last season, he said no way, we told Burton to go and look around and they never came back to say they would compromise,we never said we would up the possible deal so it just fizzled away.

That's exactly what I think.