Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

murty

edited July 2010 in General Charlton
From a very reliable source parky turned him down on a free. Discuss

Comments

• Options
    happy not coming.
  • Options
    Too old & injury prone. No good to us. (was a good player a few years ago)
  • Options
    Did he turn down both Murtys, adam ?
  • Options
    Don't need him now we've got Dailly.
    Liked him when he was on loan - willing to give his all and put in some crunching tackles even though he was only just on his way back from injury. Can't afford to take a chance on a sicknote player tho....
  • Options
    Right character I'd imagine, but wrong player. Our best full backs in recent years have usually been players that can defend, but have the legs and ability to get forward. Richardson and Youga last season, Young and Powell in the Prem seasons. An older player losing that bit of pace and fitness, along with his injury problems, isn't ideal at right back.
  • Options
    As i put in the identical/sunken thread: I think he would be a better option then solly, but if parky has someone younger in mind then im not too fussed

Personally felt he could do a job and would be good for solly to learn from but then again would prefer someone younger to have a go, i dont think solly is ready for it just yet though
  • Options
    he does a lot of charity work... but then you got to do something with your time when you're a footballer who always injured.
  • Options
    there is a very good reason why Pardew has signed two right backs this summer (Richardson and Butterfield) and that is because Murty is knackered, finito. So it's a no from me.
  • Options
    yeah a lot of the same opinion all depends on how much he was asking for?????

sorry about two threads but first time i created a discussion on blackberry!!!!!

and finally this came straight from the horses mouth murty himself