Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Striker of 2009/10 poll

There is a current poll on the official website for "best striker of the season", between Sodje, Burton and Mooney. This has been going on for at least a week or so and the current score is Mooney 60% and Burton 37%.

Is this an organised wind up?

Comments

• Options
    Burton best

yes
  • Options
    I thought Burton was by far our best forward last year and when he got injured was when we really hit a dip in form. Mooney showed flashes of quality but Burton was one of the key players last year, if not the key player in my book.
  • Options
    Parky probably fixing it just to give Mooney a confidence boost.
  • Options
    Burton started the year really well and has a great technical touch. After the injury he never really recovered and all the early chasing seemed to stop and he looked a bit like he couldn't be bothered. Akpo didn't get enough chances and really needs a run in the team. Mooney sadly underated by most people on here. Always making great runs off the ball, pulls away defenders and creates space. Final touch could be better at times - but definately has the class - but didn't have too many chances to show it. I gave my vote to Mooney.
  • Options
    I too thought it was a big wind up....flashes of brilliance does not a good player maketh I'm afraid
  • Options
    the Club are fixing it so when Mooney signs they can point to the poll and say he was rated by CAFC fans. Either that or Mooney has too much time on his hands.
  • Options
    CAFC West, mooney had plenty of chances to show it! He is a poor striker, yes he made some good runs, I'm not saying that he does not have any ability whatsoever - however, on the whole, he was significantly below the required standard, missed a lot of good chances, did not make an impact on games and was just too lightweight and ineffectual. As telnotinoz says, flashes of brilliance i.e. that goal against gillingham does not make a good player. I don't think there were many people in the Valley who expected him to finish that chance against Swindon so well (credit for that), and i think that reflects how he performed in the majority of games for us. Burton was so so far ahead, easily our most important striker. did not score a lot but we just looked so makeshift when he was out. don't have a problem with mooney, he worked hard for the club, but do not want him back. i believe there are plenty of better strikers we could find on loan etc
  • Options
    How could our highest-scoring striker not win this poll? When I did it he had 100% of the votes... maybe I was the first person to vote?!
  • Options
    Last time I looked there were over 17,000 votes, so someone has been on there voting for Mooney thousands of times.
  • Options
    paulsturgess - everyone sees it differently but I agree that he could have definately been better with his finishing. I'm not a massive Mooney fan - nor am I a big Burton fan either and I don't think he was way ahead. I still think Akpo has a lot to offer with his speed but needs to (somehow) develop a better football brain. I hope we sign Bauza as he seems to have shown a lot of promise plus another striker that can get goals (if we can find one for next-to-nothing or nothing) as a preference over both Mooney and Burton. If, as seems likely, we re-sign Mooney then I think we should all support the decision and make the most of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well.. thats cool