Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Absolute 80's or absolute 90's

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    The Cross (Just across from Bagleys) was much better mate, Heaven (Yes I know it's a gay club) had some cracking nights as well. Don't think I ever went to the Astoria.
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The Cross (Just across from Bagleys) was much better mate, Heaven (Yes I know it's a gay club) had some cracking nights as well. Don't think I ever went to the Astoria.

i wernt going to say it mate but we went heaven and G.A.Y my mate even got pinned up against the wall by boy george my mates bird was with us she went ape.

Some of the best nights raving i had was at Heaven, Pete Tong, Paul Van Dyke both playing there i am sure Ramps did as well

Slipmat was the fella i tried to follow everywhere he really knew how to get a crowd bouncing.

couldnt give a fook who thinks it is wrong going going to G.A.Y and heaven wernt ravers following the tunes
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The Cross (Just across from Bagleys) was much better mate, Heaven (Yes I know it's a gay club) had some cracking nights as well. Don't think I ever went to the Astoria.

i wernt going to say it mate but we went heaven and G.A.Y my mate even got pinned up against the wall by boy george my mates bird was with us she went ape.

Some of the best nights raving i had was at Heaven, Pete Tong, Paul Van Dyke both playing there i am sure Ramps did as well

Slipmat was the fella i tried to follow everywhere he really knew how to get a crowd bouncing.

couldnt give a fook who thinks it is wrong going going to G.A.Y and heaven wernt ravers following the tunes

MOS was refurbed earlier this year and is cracking on a friday night. Still manages to attract the best DJ's in the world. I was too young to go clubbing late 90's but early 00's i was a Camden Palace regular.
    Went Heaven to see PVD about 5 years ago but had to leave cos it was so hot in there. Loads of sweaty geezers, probably just how they like it!
  • PVD is the first DJ that i can recall that can play tunes that actually made people take their clothes off

i was at a escape to samsara night at Labryinth in PVD early days and the way he elevated the room was mental i was literally floating between the floor and the strobes.

looked around and women were getting their cacks off it was mental
  • PVD - For an Angel is one of the greatest dance tunes ever made.

Football fans should know it as it was the theme tune for Football Focus on Grandstand.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]PVD - For an Angel is one of the greatest dance tunes ever made.

Football fans should know it as it was the theme tune for Football Focus on Grandstand.

Agree mate. Like the remix with the vocal over the top too.

Remember seeing Baby D do a set (absolute sort the women) at Camden palace in early 2000s and saw Ratpack a couple of times at the SE1 club Moondances under the arches at London Bridge they were top nights.
  • edited July 2010
    Rat Pack

searching for my Rizla is on all of my mates Ipods.

Spent a weekend with the Ratpack boys in Playa tenerife must have been 97-98 a good mate of mine knows them really well watching the sun come up behind mount T whilst the Rat pack are playing in their own Villa the nutts

Found my Baby D albumn in the loft the other day

how fit was she
  • I hear that DJ Tiesto better known for Trance music has now started playing varied sets One Dance Track, One House Track, One Trance track etc etc certainly a bit different to what he normally does.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I hear that DJ Tiesto better known for Trance music has now started playing varied sets One Dance Track, One House Track, One Trance track etc etc certainly a bit different to what he normally does.

He's a complete sell out. Has now started teaming up with people like Nelly Furtado. He's obviously been a great ambassador for the Trance scene but has now turned his attention on earning as much dollar as possible. Its his gig in Victoria Park next friday, i went last year but giving it a miss this time. Shame really, cos he is a great DJ & Producer but he has lost a lot of fans over this.
    If you want quality Trance look no further than Super8 & Tab from Finland.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I hear that DJ Tiesto better known for Trance music has now started playing varied sets One Dance Track, One House Track, One Trance track etc etc certainly a bit different to what he normally does.

He's a complete sell out. Has now started teaming up with people like Nelly Furtado. He's obviously been a great ambassador for the Trance scene but has now turned his attention on earning as much dollar as possible. Its his gig in Victoria Park next friday, i went last year but giving it a miss this time. Shame really, cos he is a great DJ & Producer but he has lost a lot of fans over this.
    If you want quality Trance look no further than Super8 & Tab from Finland.

this for me too that and the fact the missus says i amn too old for all that now
  • nla i cant seem to get absolute 90s on my phone. Is it on dab then. I was worried it would be a bit to brit pop. Dont mind a bit of supergrass, blur etc but not to much. Is it mainly dance based then?
  • carlsberg

it is a real mix you get brit pop then all of a sudden you get an hour of shamen, prodigy, faithless, massive attack,snap, baby d and countless other 1 hit dance tune wonders..

i have not found a music station better but its only on dab

but knowing absolute give it 6 weeks and i will be bored shitless with it novelty will wear off

right now though our office is jumping and there is little work being done