Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Disneyland Paris

Has anyone been?

If so, would appreciate any info on the best hotels that dont break the bank.

Would like to stay in The Disney Hotel but that is ch ching £££££££££.

Are any of the less star rated hotels any cop?

Ta

Comments

• Have stayed in the Sequoia Lodge - but its a bit dark inside. Nice open fires in the winter. Have also stayed in the Newport Bay. Nice walk into the park and very light and airey inside with great views from the dining room. Would recommend it.
  • I stayed in Hotel Santa Fe in 2006 with my Girlfriend at the time and i found it very cosy and nice surroundings. One of the cheapest Disney branded hotels.
  • MCS is your man. He loves Paris, France and everything French!
  • I've been a couple of times. We stayed at the sequioa lodge which was ok but a bit pricey . My daughter stayed at the same time in the cheyanne?? (spelling ) which was like living dodge city. We also stayed once stayed at a place called Bussy St Georges (spelt someting like that)which is one stop on the train away. There is quite a few new hotels there which are much cheaper than disney.

Hope this helps
  • stayed in the newport bay at our most recent visit and it was very good, although we paid for an upgraded room and didn't have to fight to get to breakfast in the morning.

from my limited experience of a couple of hotels, you are paying for the distance from the park rather than the quality of the room as the layout seems largely similar in all of them.
  • Stayed in a hotel in Torcy a few stops away on the RER, considerably cheaper than Disney prices. Journey is incredibly easy. The Hotel was OK, but there's nothing to do when you're in Torcy.
  • Stayed in the expensive Disney Hotels a few times but last visit I stayed at Dream Castle Hotel. On outskirts of Disney site with frequent free shuttle which takes five - ten mins. Booked it through Booking.com. Worth a look. Decent quality on par with mid range Disney hotels. But if I were you I would check out the deals on the Disneyland Paris website for admission and hotels.
  • Also stayed at The Dream Castle and thought it was nice.

Loads of deals at the moment. Was looking on Monday and 2 nights and 3 days park passes in the Thomas Cook explorer hotel was £450.00 for two adults and a child.
  • Have been a couple of times too, latest in March this year at the Newport Bay, which I thought was good and a nice walk to the parks, which someone above also mentioned. Unlike the US Disney hotels, I have found the French ones that I have stayed at to be much of a muchness. If you are contemplating spending kerching ££££££s in France, I'd have a sneaky at deals for Disney World Florida for a week too - there seem to be some good late deals there at the mo and £ vs $ has got stronger. There is a Best Western (that is treated as a Disney hotel (has a Disney shop in it etc)) in Lake Buena Vista that makes a holiday to the theme park capital of the World seem quite reasonable.
  • if your going in the winter Sequoia lodge is the nuts really cosy and really nice been there twice all the open fire places with the wooden logs, with a beer couldn't beat it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2010
    I have been the last three years around the beginning of december and have stayed at the vienna dream castle, the kyriad and santa fe. By far the nicest hotel was the dream castle and the shuttle was frequent. The problem with the santa fe was as its the cheapest hotel on the complex, its packed to the rafters. Big queues for the shuttle bus, free for all in the restaurant.

We took the eurostar for the first year we went and have driven the last two times. 3 hours from dunkirk via dover using the Norfolk line ferry.

Check out Norfolk Line they keep sending us package deals to disneyland that look tempting.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]MCS is your man. He loves Paris, France and everything French!

Yes, I think he may be stopping over on his way to Egypt this year!
  • edited August 2010
    Stayed at the Newport Bay the first time we went and it was very good. The shuttle bus was also convenient.
    The second time we stayed at the Santa Fe because there were 6 of us and it too was good except for the free-for-all at the breakfast buffet.
  • Went about 6 years ago, drove down via eurotunnel. Stayed at the Disney "log cabin" park, which is about 5 miles away. Prices included car parking at the main park. I think it was the cheapest option.
  • Been once a while back and the missus just went over for a few days last week.

Verdict : French, lazy, rude and expensive, but the kids love it. It would probably be cheaper to go to Orlando and the whole thing is a 100 times better.