Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HMRC Issues Wednesday Winding Up Order

2»

Comments

• Options
    20-1 for relegation this season but a 10pts deduction puts them bottom with a transfer embargo and vultures circling for jan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]20-1 for relegation this season but a 10pts deduction puts them bottom with a transfer embargo and vultures circling for jan.

Good shout oldbloke. Have just had the following Yankee with Corals (all to be relegated):

Sunderland 11/1 (God help them if Benty stops scoring. In all competitions only one other Sunderland player has scored for them this season!!!)
    Sheff Utd 5/1 (Have been in freefall for a while and not sure their Manager has the experience to keep them up)
    Sheff Wed 25/1 (See above)
    Accrington Stanley 9/2 (Who the XXXX are Accrington Stanley?)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]20-1 for relegation this season but a 10pts deduction puts them bottom with a transfer embargo and vultures circling for jan.

Good shout oldbloke. Have just had the following Yankee with Corals (all to be relegated):

Sunderland 11/1 (God help them if Benty stops scoring. In all competitions only one other Sunderland player has scored for them this season!!!)
    Sheff Utd 5/1 (Have been in freefall for a while and not sure their Manager has the experience to keep them up)

That's a big call on Sunderland, they are very strong at home and have three very good strikers in Bent, Wellbeck and Gyan.

Wet Spam look doomed - can you see Avram masterminding a turnaround? - and Wigan, Blackburn and Wolves all look vulnerable.

If I were to have a bet on a relegation from the Premiership then I would look at Blackpool, they are still only four points off the drop zone and their squad is very, very weak in comparison to the rest of that league.

The key thing is that two of the promoted sides (WBA, Newcastle) look very likely to stay up which means that at least two and maybe three established Premiership sides will be relegated.

Can you imagine how pissed of Sullivan/Gold/Brady will be at getting relegated in their first full season? Especially after sacking Zola! That would make me laugh my bollocks off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

That's a big call on Sunderland, they are very strong at home and have three very good strikers in Bent, Wellbeck and Gyan.

Wet Spam look doomed - can you see Avram masterminding a turnaround? - and Wigan, Blackburn and Wolves all look vulnerable.

If I were to have a bet on a relegation from the Premiership then I would look at Blackpool, they are still only four points off the drop zone and their squad is very, very weak in comparison to the rest of that league.

The key thing is that two of the promoted sides (WBA, Newcastle) look very likely to stay up which means that at least two and maybe three established Premiership sides will be relegated.

Can you imagine how pissed of Sullivan/Gold/Brady will be at getting relegated in their first full season? Especially after sacking Zola! That would make me laugh my bollocks off.

Gyan is Sunderland's only other goalscorer this season and he's only managed two. Sunderland average less than a goal a game.

Because of Holloway's attitude ("I'd rather go for the win every time") Blackpool may well stay up. This is reflected in the fact that, whilst they have let in the most goals this season, only four teams have actually scored more. And unlike Sunderland they've had eight different goalscorers this season.
  • Options

I think you'll probably get 0 of them right :-)
  • Options
    No way will Sunderland go down, people are putting too much emphasis on last sundays shambles at Newcastle. Before that they'd gone 7 games unbeaten and this season have drawn with Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd and beaten Villa and Man City.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]No way will Sunderland go down, people are putting too much emphasis on last sundays shambles at Newcastle. Before that they'd gone 7 games unbeaten and this season have drawn with Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd and beaten Villa and Man City.

Doomed teams can escape, and others who've made a decent start can plummet into freefall.

After just 10 games, no one knows anything about who will be relegated. Not even the bookies.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]No way will Sunderland go down, people are putting too much emphasis on last sundays shambles at Newcastle. Before that they'd gone 7 games unbeaten and this season have drawn with Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd and beaten Villa and Man City.

All bar Liverpool at home. By comparison, Blackpool have already played and lost away to Chelsea, Arsenal and Birmingham but won at Wigan, Liverpool and Newcastle (just four at home and six away). Who would have thought them capable of that?

As with all markets it is about finding the value and 11/1 for a squad that, bar their top scorer, has amassed TWO goals from 12 games is more than a fair enough price imho. I hope Benty carries on scoring because I also have a financial interest in him doing so but, as we know only too well, he can still come up with the goods and his Team get relegated. When we went down he got 13 and our second top scorer had three with the whole of the rest of the squad getting just 21 between them from 38 matches.
  • Options
    That Sunderland stat is mental - Benty has 80% of their goals this season. A recipe for disaster if he gets crocked and, whilst far from injury prone, he does tend to have a spell out during most seasons.

God I miss him.
  • Options
    Ah, Darren Benson and Paul Bent ...... could be the same player, what d'you reckon?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sheffield Wednesday served with second winding-up order
    BBC 9 Nov 2010

Sheffield Wednesday are facing a second winding-up order from HM Revenue and Customs over an unpaid tax bill.

On 17 November the Owls are due to face a winding-up order over an unpaid PAYE tax bill of approaching £600,000.

Now it has emerged the Hillsborough club must deal with a similar order over an unpaid VAT bill of £300,000, due to be heard on 1 December.

If talks with potential new investors do not result in a takeover, Wednesday may be forced to enter administration.

Although such a move would automatically mean a deduction of 10 points, it would buy the club time to try and finalise a takeover. Talks are believed to be ongoing with three separate parties.

Last week it was announced that a major financier had withdrawn his interest in taking over the club.

Kevin Mundie, a senior executive at Certified Oil Rentals, pulled out of the deal citing family reasons.

But the club remains outwardly confident it will be able to find the necessary investment to stave off administration.

Chairman Howard Wilkinson told supporters earlier this week that he and chief executive Nick Parker were working closely with the club's bankers, The Co-operative Bank, to deliver a long-term investment deal.

The club's official website reported Wilkinson as saying: "As we speak there are a number of potential investors who are in advanced negotiations with the bank and the club ... we are all very mindful of the upcoming HMRC case, and in many ways this acts as a line in the sand for all parties.

"What will ultimately happen I do not want to speculate, apart from to reaffirm there are now serious options open to us and the bank."
  • Options
    This all seems like it is heading towards wednesday dropping into admin the day before the winding up order. closely followed by HMRC trying to claim in court they should be wound up as they are trading whilst insolvent.
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9183098.stm

If this is true, I hope it all goes through for them, and they dont have to suffer these winding up orders.
  • Options
    HMRC winding-up orders have become like Charlton takeover rumours. Every few months a new story surfaces that HMRC are going to come down heavily on X footbal club because they have failed to pay their taxes and X investor is interested in taking over Charlton Athletic.

I am at the point where I tend to ignore both set of 'news' as I know neither will ever happen.

I will be truely shocked the day one of them actually comes to pass!
  • Options
    It will happen and has happen in the past.