Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kim Grant - FC Tackoradi

Kim Grant has set up his own football club - http://www.fctakoradi.com/coaches.html

It always amazes me how he went from playing for us to playing for all these random teams all over the world.

I love the names of some of teams he played for -

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1991–1996 Charlton Athletic 123 (18)
1996–1997 Luton Town 34 (5)
1997 → Millwall (loan) 3 (3)
1997–1999 Millwall 52 (8)
1998–1999 → Notts County (loan) 6 (1)
1999–2000 FC Lommelse SK 20 (7)
2000–2001 Marco 6 (3)
2001 Scunthorpe United 4 (1)
2001–2003 Yeovil Town 33 (15)
2003 Desportivo Imortal 17 (9)
2004 Sarawak FA 10 (5)
2005 Shonan Bellmare 0 (0)
2005 Gravesend & Northfleet 7 (1)
2006 Crawley Town
2006 AFC Wimbledon 4 (0)
2006 Sengkang Punggol FC 19 (11)
2007 Geylang United FC 7 (3)
2008 Woking 0 (0)
2009 Inter Allies

I might start supporting Desportivo Imortal

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChrisWhytesBaldhead[/cite]I love the names of some of teams he played for
    Ha ha ha ha.

Millwall.
  • Options
    From the site:

"His football career has taken him to 16 different teams and in the process and commanded £500,000 pounds on transfer fees alone"
  • Options
    fair play to him I say. Doing a pre-season tour to the Czech Republic. Imagine that eh ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ChrisWhytesBaldhead[/cite]I love the names of some of teams he played for
    Ha ha ha ha.

Millwall.

you can see why they signed him after 3 in 3 loan he then proceeded to score 8 in 52 !!!
  • Options
    Good luck Kim. You may have spent most of your time in a Charlton Shirt on your backside, because you'd just slipped over again, but great to see you get up of it and do something so ambitious and potentially positive.

Wish him all the best, perhaps CAFC should try and get in on the ground floor on this one with regards keeping an eye on what talent this academy may produce.
  • Options
    We should keep an eye on a young striker they have called Benny Acheampong: http://www.fctakoradi.com/firstteam.html (well, its Benjamin, but close enough!)

Sign him & that would just be weird! :-)

Well done Kim, & good luck to you!
  • Options
    another striker who never struck.........nice guy though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]another striker who never struck.........nice guy though

He had the potential! Good speed, & moments of trickery. He was almost an exact replacement for Paul Williams, in terms of his physical stature. Never quite made the goalscoring marks that 'Willo' did though!(A player who is a legend, in my eyes, for his exploits for us in the late 80's.T'was brilliant how he stepped up from non-league!)

One memorable moment/blooper was Grants miss against Notts County back in '93. The stick he got for it, even though we were 5-1 up was hideous. It was stunningly bad, but still not warranted. He replied with a sly middle finger to the North, whilst feigning rubbing his head.

Phenomenal goal at Liverpool though!
  • Options
    Anyone remember Grant's goal at Barnsley? (in 1-1 draw). Wriggled his way in from near the corner flag....brilliant!

Also did for Sheff Wed in the 2-0 FA Cup shock win (John Humphrey was sent off).
  • Options
    so few hard not to rember
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's also scored 4 in 14 apps for Ghana too (during their 'development' phase)!What a list of random clubs though ! A guy who would literally go anywhere to play football - he might not have had the talent, but he certainly had commitment!!!
  • Options
    not on the pitch
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Anyone remember Grant's goal at Barnsley? (in 1-1 draw). Wriggled his way in from near the corner flag....brilliant!

Also did for Sheff Wed in the 2-0 FA Cup shock win (John Humphrey was sent off).
    I was so excited during that game I thought my head would explode. Lovely finish from the Granster. The cup was his competition obviously, did he not also get a peach against Liverpool?
  • Options
    If you don't make it to Azerbaijan or the Cypriot second division your a nobody really...
  • Options
    He has brothers called Charlton and Cary according to Wiki
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Anyone remember Grant's goal at Barnsley? (in 1-1 draw). Wriggled his way in from near the corner flag....brilliant!

I was so excited during that game I thought my head would explode. Lovely finish from the Granster. The cup was his competition obviously, did he not also get a peach against Liverpool?

He did, that and Newts volley in the other Anfield cup game are two of my most memorable CAFC goals. Did Grant also score the goal in the FA Cup replay vs Brizzle C that set up the trip to Old Trafford. He would have scored there too if it wasn't for Schmeichel.
  • Options
    2000- 2001
    Who knew?