Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parker/West Ham/Spurs - deja vu?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Sky bet are 5/6 that he will be a Spurs player next year and the bookies dont usually get it wrong.

Is there odds for him to be at West Ham?

i dont have access at work and the odds i saw were headlined. Why, you thinking of backing him to stay?
  • Options
    To be honest the statement from Sullivan is just to please the West Ham fans really. It's only done so that if Parker was to leave it would be him that would look the bad guy and not Sullivan/Gold.
    Saying that they won't sell him for any amount of money is ridiculous because if Man City (or anyone else) offered them £15-20m and offered Parker 100k a week, he'd be gone next week.
  • Options
    I'm surprised Parker says he wants to listen to what Spurs have to offer...I'm sure he already knows. Ahem. Contact made, Parker asks for transfer, Gold and Sullivan say no and warn Levy off making a bid, Spurs make "official" bid, West Ham release statement as such. Because of the riddiculous statement G&S released, they had to pre-empt the offer by putting up the 5 year contract. Who gives a 5 year contract to a 29 year old with a poor injury record? Spurs wont be.

From my point of view, Parker doesnt offer us anything which we dont already have. The stats proved we played much better when Modric was played central with Bale out wide-left. So if you assume Modric plays with one of Huddlestone or Palacios, Spurs have then got the likes of Jenas, O'Hara, Sandro (the new Brazillian signing who's a holding midfield player - not HRs wife!), Krancjar as back up, along with Kaboul and Corluka who have both played successfully as holding midfield players, then there's the likes of Bostock, Livermore and Parrett to come in from the development squad.

We need cover at CB, cover on the left-hand side at LB and if Keane is likely to be on his way out, then another CF. Certainly no more CMs.
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Shouldn't go to Spurs. Their fans have absolutely no loyalty to their players whatsoever.

Also, as a club they are jankers and I wish they would die.

Love you too. I beg to disagree. Will leave it like that, not the time nor place ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Sky bet are 5/6 that he will be a Spurs player next year and the bookies dont usually get it wrong.

Can't see any listed for that but it's 9/4 he goes to Liverpool which i think is more likely if Mascherano leaves.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]I'm surprised Parker says he wants to listen to what Spurs have to offer...I'm sure he already knows. Ahem. Contact made, Parker asks for transfer, Gold and Sullivan say no and warn Levy off making a bid, Spurs make "official" bid, West Ham release statement as such. Because of the riddiculous statement G&S released, they had to pre-empt the offer by putting up the 5 year contract. Who gives a 5 year contract to a 29 year old with a poor injury record? Spurs wont be.

From my point of view, Parker doesnt offer us anything which we dont already have. The stats proved we played much better when Modric was played central with Bale out wide-left. So if you assume Modric plays with one of Huddlestone or Palacios, Spurs have then got the likes of Jenas, O'Hara, Sandro (the new Brazillian signing who's a holding midfield player - not HRs wife!), Krancjar as back up, along with Kaboul and Corluka who have both played successfully as holding midfield players, then there's the likes of Bostock, Livermore and Parrett to come in from the development squad.

We need cover at CB, cover on the left-hand side at LB and if Keane is likely to be on his way out, then another CF. Certainly no more CMs.

You'll be playing 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 this year with Parker and Palacios as the two holding midfielders, Lennon and Bale wide with Modric as the advanced forward playing off Defoe.

Parker is better than you think buddy - that's why he did so well here and at West Ham - once you have him in your side, you'll see his worth. Box to box, winning the ball, shielding the defense, and unlike Palacios, not likely to be banned for 8-10 games a year through persistent yellow and red cards.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

i dont have access at work and the odds i saw were headlined. Why, you thinking of backing him to stay?

Depending on price.
  • Options
    Yeah, Jenas, O'Hara, Huddlestone, Kaboul, Corluka - none of them anywhere near as good as Parker at that role. Palacios, nearly, yes, but you're having a laugh with the rest of them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]I'm surprised Parker says he wants to listen to what Spurs have to offer...I'm sure he already knows. Ahem. Contact made, Parker asks for transfer, Gold and Sullivan say no and warn Levy off making a bid, Spurs make "official" bid, West Ham release statement as such. Because of the riddiculous statement G&S released, they had to pre-empt the offer by putting up the 5 year contract. Who gives a 5 year contract to a 29 year old with a poor injury record? Spurs wont be.

[cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Shouldn't go to Spurs. Their fans have absolutely no loyalty to their players whatsoever.

Also, as a club they are jankers and I wish they would die.

Love you too. I beg to disagree. Will leave it like that, not the time nor place ;-)

SPURS FAN IN SELF-DENIAL SHOCK
  • Options
    Got to love that no-one every mentions Curb's role in Parker leaving in the manner that he did.

And why shouldn't he be allowed to move, as long as payment is made to compensate for his contract.

Has everybody ever handed in their resignation notice and had it refused? Oh sorry I forgot football is different and footballers aren't allowed as say in where they work.
  • Options
    I think you've answered your on question.

If someone signed a contract then I would expect them to honour it. Just as if West Ham suddenly decided not to pay him next week and tear up his contract I'm sure Parker would have something to say about that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So you believe that no club should ever be allowed to buy or sell players? A world where every player went on a Bosman would be an interesting one.

Or is it that only clubs can decided when to break the contract through a sale, the player decide can't do the same.
  • Options
    Well clubs don't really decide when to break a contract do they. Say Mcloed for instance, Charlton wanted to cancel his contract but I doubt very much it was cancelled without giving him a payoff, so there was an agreenment from both sides.
    If Spurs offered something stupid for Parker say 25 mill, I don't suppose an offer like that could be refused by West Ham.

There has to be an agreement from both sides. Just because Parker wants out AGAIN, it doesn't mean West Ham have to a sell him!
  • Options
    McLeod is a one-off and pretty unusual. I would say its very common for a club to decide they no longer want a player and arrange to sell them to another club. Yes the player has the chance to refuse but the player does not have the chance to say the club can't even listen to offers.
  • Options
    I see Harry has been stirring it up some more, saying that because Sullivan went public on the Spurs bid, it's actually West Ham who have unsettled their own player. Think this one might run and run.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I see Harry has been stirring it up some more, saying that because Sullivan went public on the Spurs bid, it's actually West Ham who have unsettled their own player. Think this one might run and run.

...and in the same process, publically declare his interest in Bellamy. I can see how people dont like HR.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I see Harry has been stirring it up some more, saying that because Sullivan went public on the Spurs bid, it's actually West Ham who have unsettled their own player. Think this one might run and run.

You've got a chairman on one side and a manager on the other, neither of whom can stop talking to the press. That means that I agree!
  • Options
    According to the Daily Mirror site, Liverpool are set to make a £8m bid for Parker.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Would be happy for him if he went to Liverpool. Loyal fans, good history, big name for themselves internationally... He'd do well there.

On the other hand, Spurs... They just think they're the size of Liverpool! Which is both hilarious and infuriating at the same time. When they qualified for the champions league last season, I had at least four Spurs fans on facebok whose statuses said "BACK WHERE WE BELONG!". They'd only qualified once before. And that was fifty years ago. Deluded twats.

Go to a real team, Parker. Spurs aren't a joke of a football team, but they're an effing laughing stock of a club to everyone but themselves.
  • Options
    The way that spurs fans and their players celebrated coming fourth last year as if they had won a title indicates their true position in the football world. Coming fourth was huge for them and I seriously doubt they will do it again in the near future. As for us I'd be happy to come 14th in the chumpionship in the next few years.
  • Options
    I can understand not liking a team but calling spurs a laughing stock when I look at our current situation is bizarre but then so are most charlton fans ............
    As for parker, I know if I was playing for palace in the premiership and they had just stayed up and charlton came in for me having qualified for the champions league what I would do but then I don't like parker so he'll be well out of order to leave west ham ...weirdos
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Putting aside the West Ham/Spurs rivalry and looking at it from Parker's view he's at a club who just avoided relegation and has a side who are in the Champions league after him as well as rumoured interest from Liverpool, one of the most famous clubs in the world.
    If you were him, i think you'd want to move clubs as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite] Harveys Trainer [/cite] Got to love that no-one every mentions Curb's role in Parker leaving in the manner that he did.

Chelsea tapped Parker up
    Parker demanded a transfer.
    Curbs said no.
    Parker throws toys out of pram, says "i'd rather rot in the reserves than play for him again"
    Chelsea make derisory offer.
    Curbs and Murray decide they have to cut their losses but decide to hold out for realistic price
    Parker continues to sulk.

There, I mentioned Curbs role
    Did I miss anything?
    Most of us were gutted that Curbs fantastic achievement in getting us within touching distance of europe was scuppered by the antics of one of the big clubs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Harveys Trainer[/cite]Got to love that no-one every mentions Curb's role in Parker leaving in the manner that he did.

Chelsea tapped Parker up
    Parker demanded a transfer.
    Curbs said no.
    Parker throws toys out of pram, says "i'd rather rot in the reserves than play for him again"
    Chelsea make derisory offer.
    Curbs and Murray decide they have to cut their losses but decide to hold out for realistic price
    Parker continues to sulk.

There, I mentioned Curbs role
    Did I miss anything?
    Most of us were gutted that Curbs fantastic achievement in getting us within touching distance of europe was scuppered by the antics of one of the big clubs

well yes, but you need to go off at a tangent and bring up konchesky too
  • Options
    Do we get the photo out again with him holding a sign saying Spurs and chelsea are shit lol