Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live! is back

Comments

• Options
    charlton36326news2.jpg
  • Options
    Glynne and Brian brought it back a few years ago on a budget basis as Charlton Plus...worked a bit, but wasn't advertised well enough.

If this works great news. Hopefully the club being involved will work, just needs the listeners.
  • Options
    No wonder BDL has been so excited all week!

Well done mate!
  • Options
    Yeah!!!! Thank gawd they did'nt put a pic of KB up too!!!

Fantastic news!

Good luck guys xxxxx
  • Options
    Good luck with it guys - really hope its a success.

I reckon Charlton Life should a fair few plugs and therefore some more visitors on this

Any chance we can get Mark Mansfield on the show? and Matt Panting (he did some of the commentaries too I believe)
  • Options
    First show on Sunday is only and hour long, I will be out and about at Vicarage Road tomorrow asking CAFC fans for their views ahead of the season, so keep an eye out for a largish man with a microphone, come and say hello give me your opinion and we may just use your comments!
  • Options
    That BLOODY picture!!!

Seriously it has been so hard to keep quiet about this. I've been working with Matt to bring it back in some form or another for some time.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]That BLOODY picture!!!

Seriously it has been so hard to keep quiet about this. I've been working with Matt to bring it back in some form or another for some time.

At last...the relief its out!!!!

Youv put on a bit of weight since then mate havnt you? :)
  • Options
    Thats why he is Big Dave!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Will it be available on podcast via iTunes ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck with the venture. Will now be interesting if this new idea, will attract more consumers to pay £3 a month, or £35 a year. Gives Cafc Player now more appeal.
  • Options
    Thats the idea shirty5, more content will hopefully get the fans in, and the beauty of Charlton Live is that it will be produced by fans, and much of the content will be from fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Will it be available on podcast via iTunes ?

Good question, I was thinking that.
  • Options
    The show will be available as listen again on Charlton Player, we will also be putting out an edited version later in the week, hopefully via iTunes.

The main thing is that the club are backing us 100%. We want this show to be as near to Mark's as possible.

No, I can state that Mark Mansfield will not be on the show. He severed all ties with the club (and the Charlton Live team) after the Capital deal was announced. With that amount of money on offer, the club could not turn it down. I believe he's back in Wales doing something completely different.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]The show will be available as listen again on Charlton Player, we will also be putting out an edited version later in the week, hopefully via iTunes.

Lovely stuff, nice one.
  • Options
    Well done Dave and Matt,

Just been mentioning your old programme on another posting........ spooky!
  • Options
    Great stuff.

For the record, I would happily pay to download a podcast of the full show as a means of raising a bit of income. Although it will be available as a listen again I don't currently have my own subscription to CAFCPlayer and I stand the best chance of keeping up with this by listening to it in the car.

Alternatively, could a full podcast be made available to download through the CAFCPlayer, i.e. for members only? I'd happily sign up to the player for that kind of service and personally I think it's good this is going on the player as it's a bit of an incentive to get people to sign up and put a few more quid through the clubs coffers.
  • Options
    Can I be the first to request Nick Gray & Acworth as studio guests.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Can I be the first to request Nick Gray & Acworth as studio guests.
    I second that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Can I be the first to request Nick Gray & Acworth as studio guests.
    I second that

I don't ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think they already have enough weridos and nutjobs lined up...
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Can I be the first to request Nick Gray & Acworth as studio guests.[/quote]
    I second that[/quote]

I don't ;-)[/quote]

It'd be great. You could set him up a la Jeremy Kyle. Bring Nick Gray into the studio to discuss all things Charlton, go to the add break and then bring Richard Murray in to discuss Nick's views on his heart op and other topical issues.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited July 2010
    I know there's a more flattering photo of me out there somewhere - and Adam - Behave!
  • Options
    Was refering to myself dave... as always forgot the wink. Will let you have the first pick from the biccy tin boss.
  • Options
    He's had enough of those already ;-)
  • Options
    Great news. Well done to everyone who made this happen.
  • Options
    Great news...

Can't wait for the quiz where listeners can win a truly shit prize, that was my favourite bit...

Are you having an 'Ask Dave' section...?
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36340

More News