Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jessica Ennis

2»

Comments

• Agree Leroy, Christine Ohurougu is NOT adrug cheat she was banned for missing 3 random drug tests.

If you read how the test where missed you will think, sod being an athlete ...
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]It is not stupid Leroy -in my opinionthere is no reason for an elite athlete to miss 3 tests in 8 months.
    As far as I am aware, of the 2 athletes in question only one has had a worldwide ban for failing to provide random drugs tests.
    No reason? Do you think you would be able to tell someone exactly where you were going to be for one hour a day, every day, a year in advance? How about if you turned up to your training venue (provided six months in advance to the doping authorities, mind) to discover it was being used by schoolkids and had to train somewhere else - but forgot to ring the doping bods to tell them you had to go elsewhere? That you were banned despite testing negative TWICE in the same month (nine days prior to, and three days after the missed test)?

I regularly forget things at work. Does that mean that if I forget three things in the space of a year, I should be banned from doing it for a year and carry the stigma of 'forgetfulness' through my entire career?

I'm not suggesting she didn't use drugs. I'm not suggesting she did use drugs. What I'm suggesting is that you coming on here and flat out calling her a drug cheat (you didn't preface that by saying it was 'your opinion') is childish, inaccurate and insulting.
  • Some fair points Leroy- perhaps if I said - 'I would rather Ennis, than that one who was banned for cheating the random drugs test process but is not, (as far as I am aware) an actual drug user' that would have cleared up my position....

Mind you with those strict conditions on random drugs tests, it is no suprise that that 10,20,30 of our athletes are suspended each year for missing those tests - or dont they?
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Some fair points Leroy- perhaps if I said - 'I would rather Ennis, than that one who was banned for cheating the random drugs test process but is not, (as far as I am aware) an actual drug user' that would have cleared up my position....

Mind you with those strict conditions on random drugs tests, it is no suprise that that 10,20,30 of our athletes are suspended each year for missing those tests - or dont they?
    That's a fair point too. I'll admit that, if her entire livelihood was on the line (and, after missing two tests in the previous eight months, she must have known it was) she should have been a bit more careful. I'd also think, however, that knowing the position they were putting her in, when the testers pitched up at Mile End stadium and found it was being used for a school sports day, they would have been a bit more sensible about it and waited for her to travel back to be tested, rather than wait an hour and then sod off. One of those things where we'll never know the truth - but this type of sh*t happens all the time in other countries and no-one ever hears about it because our doping control procedures are the most stringent in the world. For instance, the Jamaican doping control program is ridiculous - none of their athletes are ever tested out of season, giving them carte blanche to take whatever they feel like. Again, I'm not suggesting they're cheating - and just using them as an example.
  • I watched some of the athletics last week and really enjoyed it. They are pretty near the top of the game yet generally come accross as normal, decent individuals. I can't help but compare them to the sorry bunch of footballers - and not just England - who spluttered through the dullest world cup I can remember.

As for drug testing, it's my understanding that most athletes ask for tests between 6am and 7am because they are pretty sure they will be at home, or can get there in an hour. And the fact that athletes are clean, and we know they are clean, adds to the appeal of watching, I think (and means you now get supermodel pole vaulters rather than the E German heifers we used to see).
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Some fair points Leroy- perhaps if I said - 'I would rather Ennis, than that one who was banned for cheating the random drugs test process but is not, (as far as I am aware) an actual drug user' that would have cleared up my position....

She was not on drugs and there was no suggestion that she was. that comes from people who are heavily involved in the athletics world - a friend of mines son is a potential England long jumper for 2012, more likely 2016.

She is a dipsy young woman who made mistakes as young people do, she was punished with a one year ban, however the extension of that ban to a lifetime ban from the Olympics was rescinded because it was accepted that she did not maliciously miss the tests and was not suspected of taking drugs.

random tests are that, the authorities have details of your whereabouts over a period of time and just turn up. What she did was forget to tell them she was doing something else. If she were a drugs cheat the authorities would have banned her for life in the same way that Dwayne Chambers is from the most elite competition.
    Not a cheat
  • One in the oven......
  • Riviera said:

One in the oven......

Was it that bloke on the Santander advert?

• Bloody hell... Doesnt hang about whatever she does lol!
  • I thought this thread was bumped because she was our new sporting director!
  • Sponsored links:

• congrats to her and her old man the luck bstd
  • Congrats to Jessica and WillmoreTheRed.

Best wishes to the both of you.
  • She's gonna lose that six pack, which is a good thing.

really pretty girl but can't be looking at a woman with more muscles than me.
  • Woe is me, life can only get worse now.
    I might as well go up to the roof and toss myself off.

• don't do it on the roof mate its cold do it I the living room with a bit of red tube and kleenex
  • She's gonna lose that six pack, which is a good thing.

Bigger knockers as well, at least temporarily. Hopefully she'll do some form of naked/semi-naked photospread in Cosmo or Tatler or one of those other tossy mags after the birth just to show that she hasn't lost her shape/celebrate the birth of her child/who cares what reason just get your kit off.
  • MrLargo said:

She's gonna lose that six pack, which is a good thing.

Bigger knockers as well, at least temporarily. Hopefully she'll do some form of naked/semi-naked photospread in Cosmo or Tatler or one of those other tossy mags after the birth just to show that she hasn't lost her shape/celebrate the birth of her child/who cares what reason just get your kit off.
    Good thinking. Mylene Klass style.
  • very disappointing news for various reasons...
  • very disappointing news for various reasons...

1. She can't compete in the Commonwealth Games.
    2. Err
    3. That's it..?