Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aussies beware!

I know Pakistan are not the greatest but they're no mugs.And to beat them by 354 runs is pretty damn good in my book.
Could well be entering a golden era in English cricket .

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic performances from Anderson, Prior and Morgan.

When you consider the likes of Bresnan, Shahzad, Sidebottom, Bopara, Kieswetter and Carberry are on the sidelines, it's a very good crop at the minute.

Very much looking forward to seeing the likes of James Vince, Adil Rashid, James Taylor, Adam Lyth and Joss Buttler continue to emerge and break through as well.
  • Options
    Funny carly, i was thinking the exact same thing this morning and with KP not on form aswell... UP THE CRICKET!!
  • Options
    The depth in our batting is awesome - Prior, Swann and Broad at 7,8,9. It's one of the main things that won us the Ashes, and again in this test we saw how comfortably we revived from 98-6 to bat Pakistan out of the game.
  • Options
    Don't forget our very own Joe Denly if he can start getting some runs on the board for England.
  • Options
    Good times...when it's difficult to choose the team because of an abundance of talent that is a really great sign....
  • Options
    England will still get battered out here in Oz, the ball doesn't swing or seam all that much down here so you need aggressive hit-the-deck quick bowlers and wrist-spinners to get you wickets - and England have neither.

Anderson is a great swing bowler in English conditions but is fodder over here with the Kookaburra ball and neither Broad or Finn have played down here before.

Australia are nowhere near the side they were but are still very strong at home with good batsmen in Watson, Katich, Ponting, Clarke and Hussey and strong fast bowling in Johnson, Siddle and Bollinger.

3-1 to Australia, methinks.
  • Options
    I tend to agree with you Ormiston Addick. The only thing I will say is that the Aussies will feel some pressure going into the series and are not as strong as they have been for a good while. If England start well, it will be a close contest. However, if we go 1-0 down lamely, I think it will be a tough ride.
  • Options
    I will be at the test in Perth and lets hope we play well and win but I think Aussies at home are going to be a bit to strong but it will be close. England we bat well so might draw a few games
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite] Anderson is a great swing bowler in English conditions but is fodder over here with the Kookaburra ball.

I make you right. In the paper today it says his bowling average at Trent Bridge is 15.89 whilst over in Australia it's 82.60!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcinperth[/cite] England we bat well so might draw a few games

I'm a bit concerned about the form of Cook and KP though. We're putting too much pressure on the middle and lower order. At home to Pakistan we can get away with it, but out in Oz it'll be different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcinperth[/cite]England we bat well so might draw a few games

I'm a bit concerned about the form of Cook and KP though. We're putting too much pressure on the middle and lower order. At home to Pakistan we can get away with it, but out in Oz it'll be different.

Cook is in reasonably good nick for Essex though... I think he just got a bit unlucky in this test... KP is the bigger worry
  • Options
    Ormiston is spot on about Anderson. Great in England when it's swinging like a boomerang - just serves it up in Oz where there's no swing and his lack of height (for a test match seam bowler) means he has no weapons to hurt batsman with

Cook hasn't scored any runs in the last two Ashes series and will be very lucky to get a third chance if he doesn't score some serious runs over the next 3 Tests
  • Options
    Win the toss at Brisbane and finish day one on 330-3 or similiar (which is what the Aussies always do to us) and put down a marker.

I think this will be as close out there as the last series at home, but agree the Kookaburra ball and conditions dont suit bowlers like Anderson.

However, Finn and Broad rely on aggression so would expect them to take a lot of wickets even if the Aussies go after Finn to unsettle him.

We also have a world class spinner now.

If Trescothick was still about instead of Cook I would really fancy us...