Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Films you've never seen....

Comments

• Options
    Godfather and anything by Tarantino.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]ET
    Back To The Future
    The Godfather (any)
    Lord of the rings (2nd and 3rd)
    Harry Potter (any)
    Fargo
    Withnail and I
    The Good The Bad & The Ugly
    Dirty Dancing
    Scream (any of them)
    The Spy who Shagged Me ( or any others in the "series")
    Goodfellas
    Pulp Fiction
    Taxi Driver

In fact, I have only seen one out ofthis list of the top 50 films, that one being Schindler's List. I've seen slightly more of the 51-100 in that list. Three or four of them.

That is the worst compilation of top 50 films I have ever seen!

Not heard of most of them and its well known that films that were considered good pre 1940 are actually crap.
  • Options
    Have seen all mentioned so far except for HarrybleedingPotter and I'll chuck in
    Gone With The Wind. Started on more than one occasion and channel surfing within 10 minutes.
  • Options
    Never seen any of the Godfather films, Reservoir Dogs, Goodfellas, Heat, The Matrix - lots more that I can't think of at the moment too!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]The Goonies

thats criminal!

HIT PUREE!
  • Options
    I've had City of God sitting on my hard disk for nearly two years now and never seem to be in the mood to watch it.
    Maybe this weekend....probably not.

On a slightly different tack, I've just bought tickets to see Blood Brothers on stage this evening...it's only been running for 20 years!
    Next week - The Mousetrap.
  • Options
    After the thread about Withnail and I on here, I thought I must see this film it sounds good.
    So I got out my nectar card and ordered it ( The 20th Anniversary edition) and it arrived about a week later.
    That was about 7 months ago and the cellophane is still fully intact!
    Am I missing out?
  • Options
    My mates can't believe that I've not seen Robocop or The Terminator
  • Options
    I watch millions of films for my job, so there are plenty I don't get to see, however I would say the stand out that I haven't watched and never will :

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]I watch millions of films for my job, so there are plenty I don't get to see, however I would say the stand out that I haven't watched and never will :

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

Is there a specific reason for this young sir? Pray tell.

Are you perhaps anti-Hobbit, or just suspicious of elves and wizardry?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    when harry met sally
    ghost
  • Options
    Pretty Woman
    Ghost
    When Harry Met Sally
    Any musical excluding Mel Brooks ones (Grease, Westside Story, Hairspray, Sound of Music etc)
    Any of the Star Wars films after the first one
    Harry Potter
    Godfather 2 & 3
    Escape to Victory
    The Great Escape
    Titanic
    Four Weddings and a Funeral
    Armageddon
    Any Disney cartoon (Jungle Book, Fantasia, Snow White etc)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Any of the Star Wars films after the first one

What do you mean sir?

The first one being: Episode I: The Phantom menace, or, Episode IV A New Hope?

If, as I suspect, you are alluding to Episode IV: A New Hope then that is unfortunate.

Because Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back is universally (and galactically) accepted as being the Dogs Bollox (or Androids Nuts).

Plus Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back is the best love story ever told, EVER. Well, that's what I tell ma girlfriend to get her to watch it again and again, daft cow!
  • Options
    Of the top 10 Box-office grossing films 2000-2009 - I have seen only one - The Dark Night

1.Avatar (2009)
    2.The Dark Knight (2008)
    3.Shrek 2 (2004)
    4.Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
    5.Spider-Man (2002)
    6.Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
    7.Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)
    8.The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
    9.Spider-Man 2 (2004)
    10.The Passion of the Christ (2004)

Then only one (Jurassic Park) from the 90s.

http://www.filmsite.org/boxoffice2.html

I watch a lot of films, last one was the The Runaways on the weekend.
  • Options
    Of the top 10 Box-office grossing films 2000-2009 - I have seen only one - The Dark Night

1.Avatar (2009)
    2.The Dark Knight (2008)
    3.Shrek 2 (2004)
    5.Spider-Man (2002)
    9.Spider-Man 2 (2004)

• Options
    Any Pirates of Caribbean
    Potter
    Star Trek
    Jurassic Park
    Spiderman
    Armageddon

A lot of the films mentioned on here fall into the category of Films I Wish I had Never Seen, especially Star Wars.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Frig me, this thread is supposed to be films you've never seen thread, not the I hate star wars thread.

I have never felt so alienated by my fellow Charlton fans as today, well, apart from that incident in the West stand last season when I...
  • Options
    DEBBIE DOES DALLAS!
  • Options
    Carry on england, harry potter, lord of the rings, confessions of a window cleaner.
  • Options
    I've got to get out more. Have seen every film mentioned in this thread except for High School Musical, the last 2 Harry Potter films (to old for that predictable crap) and Avatar (couldn't see it at pictures, haven't got blue ray so no point seeing it until I have the technology at home to do it justice. Oh and yes I have seen Debbie does Dallas - if you like bottom beards then go for it.

Looked at that top 100 list and have seen 70 of the films. Admittedly I'm a big film buff and even have a projector at home. Movies to me are like cars for most blokes - oh and it hasn't stopped me from living a live, getting married, kids etc.

Most of the films mentioned are worth a look if you ignore any hype and treat them for what they are - entertainment.

Not a big fan of Tom Cruise but he can act - watch Magnolia to find that out. Nic Cage is also brilliant in Raising Arizona.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]Not a big fan of Tom Cruise but he can act - watch Magnolia to find that out.

Yeah, okay, fair enough, he was pretty good in that film actually.
  • Options
    Scarface, Coraline, Knight Rider movie and Hair Everywhere no.5
  • Options
    Amazed so many people havent seen the Godfather trilogy, must have watched 1 and 2 more than ten times each!

Schindlers list is the one people always have a go at me for not having seen, Scarface too. I wish i hadnt seen Lord of the Rings.
  • Options
    Too many to mention but obvious ones include:

Titanic
    Star Wars
    Star Trek
    Godfather
    Lord of the Rings
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Of the top 10 Box-office grossing films 2000-2009 - I have seen only one -

But surely the fact that the masses flock to it is a good reason never to watch it. That Stars Wars for example looks crap and I turned it off after 10 minutes (joking but true).
  • Options
    Any of the Twilight films
    ET
    I watched Titanic in a bar in Chicago - at the point where Leonardo Di Caprio drowns the entire bar started cheering.
    The latest SW films, basically it's a paper thin plot, good SFX and philosophy for geeks, just like the Matrix films.

The Godfather - parts I and II are brilliant, some of the best film making ever, part II is one of the few films where a sequel is better than an already great first film.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Of the top 10 Box-office grossing films 2000-2009 - I have seen only one - The Dark Night

1.Avatar (2009)
    2.The Dark Knight (2008)
    3.Shrek 2 (2004)
    5.Spider-Man (2002)
    9.Spider-Man 2 (2004)

I do better on that list than the "top 100". I've seen The Dark Knight, Shrek 2 and Dead Man's Chest (which was so bad I would've walked out, only I was with stubborn friends who wanted to get their 'money's worth')
  • Options
    Not seen episodes IV-VI of star wars, funnily enough I have seen episodes I-III. Not seen the Godfather films either or The Shining or Casablanca, loads more really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]DEBBIE DOES DALLAS!

Production work and lighting were worthy of an Oscar but sadly were overlooked that year
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Of the top 10 Box-office grossing films 2000-2009 - I have seen only one - The Dark Night

I have to add (9 hours later!) that it wasn't very good, there were no stars in it :-(