Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give us a C....

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
I've always been a 'song-starter' but i've never had the bottle to start this one. Always had a fear i'd end up spelling it wrong.

Hasn't been heard for quite a while now. Anyone here ever started it off in days bygone ??

Comments

• Options
    I used to quite a bit in my younger days - can still raise a fair few decibels.

Just a happy clapper now though.
  • Options
    Only tried it once and cocked up the spelling. Give me a C, give me an H, give me an R, give me a big hole in the ground to bury myself in !!! Much better but not heard for ages ..............

C ... A
    C ... A ... F
    C ... A ... F ... C
    CHARLTON !!!
  • Options
    could be worse, you could support Stenhousemuir, or Borussia Mönchengladbach.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I've always been a 'song-starter' but i've never had the bottle to start this one. Always had a fear i'd end up spelling it wrong.

Hasn't been heard for quite a while now. Anyone here ever started it off in days bygone ??

Started it last season after I'd been in The Oak since midday...........

"Gimme a C....an A. Oh Bollocks!!"
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    whilst talking about song-starters, there is a distinct lack of discussion starters around today !

i remember being in a pub at Bristol Rovers away, that last game of the season one at Twerton Park, and as a song died down, a lad i was with stood up all prominently, put both arms in the air, and as loud as he started to sing 'we're by far the greatest team' expcept his voice broke on the 'far' and it all come out as high as Aled Jones. Whole pub started crying with laughter as he went scarlet !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]whilst talking about song-starters, there is a distinct lack of discussion starters around today !

i remember being in a pub at Bristol Rovers away, that last game of the season one at Twerton Park, and as a song died down, a lad i was with stood up all prominently, put both arms in the air, and as loud as he started to sing 'we're by far the greatest team' expcept his voice broke on the 'far' and it all come out as high as Aled Jones. Whole pub started crying with laughter as he went scarlet !

Stone will tell you about an occasion two seasons ago when we were playing Spurs when I started to sing 'He's fat, he's round, his arse is on the ground....' and at that point I 'd forgotten who I was singing about. It was of course, Andy Reid and the whole of the N Block Ultra's were in hysterics.
  • Options
    magic moment that was. I think it's more "He's fat, he's round, he cost three million pound" now though?

The old vocal chords are still loosening up mate btw, was hoarse by HT against Bolton.
  • Options
    Started a 'we want 5' chant at Highbury several seasons back...don't think there's many that have started that chant there :-)
  • Options
    having just read Robbie Fowler's book, it brought me most pleasure knowing how much the drugs taunts used to get to him after starting once

'charlie up his nose
    charlie up his nose
    robbie fowler robbier fowler
    charlie up his nose'

others i can remember starting where 'w**nker di canio' and 'you only sweat when you're roasting'