Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Adam Stansfield

Comments

• Options
    Tragic news just like Ernie Cooksey a while back.

RIP Adam.
  • Options
    RIP, only 31 aswell tragic news.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]What tragic news. As someone mentioned above, hopefully his young family will get some help from the PFA or the FA.

RIP

The PFA are really very good at this sort of thing. They have lots of plans and projects in place to help players and families outside of football with everything from Bereavement counselling to support and re-training for young lads who get career-ending injuries.

the club will also have a Chaplain like ours does to support the other players.
  • Options
    Absolutely agree 100% HT.

My family were close to Ernie Cooksey. The PFA were magnificent towards him and his then pregnant wife. The numerous clubs he played for were also brilliant, raising much needed funds towards his treatment and security for his family.

People sometimes complain about football and the meaningless and spiteful feelings that supporters can have for each other....but its times like this that you realise what a special game it is and the amazing community the football family can be.
  • Options
    I feel for the family not least because both my Mum and my younger sister have been struck down with this, and yet both are in rude health. Sometimes life is very unfair, and most of us are very very lucky.

Good to read ValleyGary's words though
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Whilst today has been sad day and our thoughts remain with family and friends.

This day has been a special for all the support and condolences from football fans around the country as is demonstrated particularly by this website.

There are the many reasons to give thanks for the too short life of Adam, one of which that will forever remain in the memories of Exeter fans is the way he helped shape the history of the club, in the most unexpected and incredible rise into and up the football league. For this amongst other things he will never been forgotten.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Adam Stansfield. There's little to add, except my own thoughts are with his family, friends and Exeter City, and that it's such a tragedy that an industrious footballer's life has been cut short so early.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: dj-ecfc[/cite]Whilst today has been sad day and our thoughts remain with family and friends.

This day has been a special for all the support and condolences from football fans around the country as is demonstrated particularly by this website.

There are the many reasons to give thanks for the too short life of Adam, one of which that will forever remain in the memories of Exeter fans is the way he helped shape the history of the club, in the most unexpected and incredible rise into and up the football league. For this amongst other things he will never been forgotten.
    RIP

Good post- very thought provoking,

Exeter's rise up the league has been great to watch and it's all down to the work ethic of good honest hard working pro's like Adam Stansfield who have put the club where it is today. I wish everyone at Exeter City and Adam Stansfield's family my sincere condolences and hope the Grecians have a season that he would have been proud of in his honour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad. RIP
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Hope he does very well for them, I expect  it would mean a lot to a great deal of people.

On a lighter note I hope the second # in Exeter's tweet isn't a prediction.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, that was emotional. Explained it to my wife and got all choked up. 
  • Options
    I could be wrong but I am sure there is a memorial to Adam at Yeovils ground. This is beyond emotional, I am really happy for Jay and I hope he can kick on at Exeter 
  • Options
    There won’t be a dry eye in football if he scores. Such a feel good story.
  • Options
    RIP
    Think you might want to read the story rather than casually RIPing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 now!
  • Options
    Properly feelgood. 
  • Options
    He looked in tears after the hat trick 
  • Options
    I’d take a punt on him next season, seems to have decent potential 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Great to see his lad doing well.
  • Options
    Wow! what a great story.
  • Options
    Although it's a great story, he scored a third of his league goals in one game. I hope he does well and has a good career but I think there are better players out there that we could be looking at. 
  • Options
    Although it's a great story, he scored a third of his league goals in one game. I hope he does well and has a good career but I think there are better players out there that we could be looking at. 
    He’s only 20 though, should develop and come on from the experience. He’s an England youth international so others have seen his potential. I think he’ll go back to Exeter personally and I can see him getting 15+ goals next season