Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Hungary

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
This is so boring, can't believe I paid £36 to watch this

Comments

• Options
    A load of toilet.
  • Options
    The fact that there wasn't even a match thread for this until 42 seconds ago speaks volumes! I'm not even watching it.

I really can't see Capello being manager at the Euros.
  • Options
    Is there a game on then? Watching Masterchef myself.
  • Options
    it's not great, couple of decent moves and a better system.
  • Options
    Did I hear that right? Les Ferdinand reckoned Bobby Zamora would've gone to the World Cup if he hadn't been injured? Seriously?
  • Options
    Can't believe Gerrard coming out in the press and saying he considered quitting after the World Cup. What reaction is he looking for? "Oh sorry Stevie G, please stay, we'll be nice, we love you! You've been so consistently brilliant for England over the years that we must learn to appreciate your effort."

P*ss off.
  • Options
    You paid 36 quid! Why? You can watch it free online.

I personally don't bother with friendlies normally but thought I'd try this one seeing as there are a few new players. Got bored of it after 18 minutes though.
  • Options
    Sorry but seriously why pay 36 quid? Isn't it on normal TV or at least on normal Sky? Don't tell me that it's pay per view.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Sorry but seriously why pay 36 quid? Isn't it on normal TV or at least on normal Sky? Don't tell me that it's pay per view.

Presumably he was one of the silly ones who paid for a ticket. Personally it would have been very apt if the team had ran out to an empty stadium. Might have got the message home...but I doubt it.
  • Options
    Sterile dross.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Did I hear that right? Les Ferdinand reckoned Bobby Zamora would've gone to the World Cup if he hadn't been injured? Seriously?
    Capello asked him if he was going to be fit enough, Zamora said he wouldn't so he wasn't picked. Based on that I would have thought he would have gone if fit
  • Options
    well funny 1 nil hungry
  • Options
    Goal-line technology!! Poor decision. Might wake things up though.
  • Options
    good goal by gerrard
  • Options
    even better goal by Gerrard
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]even better goal by Gerrard

Great turn, shite goalkeeping though - since when are goalies told to make themselves as small as possible?

Still, I have fond memories of that tracksuit bottomed baffoon.
  • Options
    Really proves the level England are at, we can put it in against the real lesser sides, ie. Hungary, but when it comes to the big boys, we flop.
  • Options
    So this thread is saying that it's not worth going to see England play because it's on TV and the thread above says it's not worth going to see Charlton play because it's on TV.

Might be best if the site stuck to RIPs, favourite bands and Countdown.
  • Options
    So this thread is saying that it's not worth going to see England play because it's on TV and the thread above says it's not worth going to see Charlton play because it's on TV.

• Options
    A glimpse of what was missing in the World cup from England..... that goal.......

Good job 'those cup games are not important', and that we keep our best moves for useless\ meaningless frendlies...... Oh sorry! got confused with the Charlton cup thread there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why do some posts appear twice appear twice?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]

it aint the site saying it it aint even most people on the site saying it if you have issue with comments said aim them at the right people
  • Options
    England look much better without rooney, lampard and cole
  • Options
    quite enjoyable, if meaningless, game of football in the end.

Some of the newer players did well.
  • Options
    ‎6/10. Maximum output with minimum input. We managed to beat a rag-tag side of Football League (remember Southend sent one of the Hungarian players on loan to Stevenage) players, so there is no doubt we'll thrash the Germans next time round.
  • Options
    Chris Solly for England no. 2?
  • Options
    Unfortunately it's in my blood, like charlton. Can't just give up on them!!
  • Options
    The sooner Capello realises that Rooney doesn't fit into a system that works for England the better. I love Wayne Rooney, I think its a great player. But the form hes been playing for England is dire. I noticed the sarcastic clap as he went off too.

Soon as we played one up top with two young, quick, skillful wide players we looked much more threatening. Gave Gerrad the role he plays best in behind the front man. Just thought that formation looked like it suited the future of our England side.
  • Options
    Gerrard started playing when Lumpolard was off the field!!! Really???

How comes we all know this but managers just don't get it???

Thought Walcott, Young, A Johnston & Gibbs looked good.

Still not convinced with Barry.

Keep all the Manyoo & Chelski out. They don't need/want to play. Stick with young hungry players & keep them as a team til the Euros.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Gerrard started playing when Lumpolard was off the field!!! Really???

How comes we all know this but managers just don't get it???

I think they do, they just can't deal with the media/FA backlash of dropping such a high profile player. Ridiculous, stupid, and a big part of the reason why we'll never win anything.