Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Coppell

Just resigned as Bristol City boss!

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    And Football Management. Too much pressure for him again?
  • Options
    Another one that lots of people will tell you would have been better than our current one.

two games....
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    if our current one had left after his first two games ... i'd agree we'd be better off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Another one that lots of people will tell you would have been better than our current one.

two games....

Overall record would suggest he is. He has suffered from mental problems previously.
  • Options
    David James as player manager?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]David James as player manager?[/quote]

They've appointed Keith Millen already
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Another one that lots of people will tell you would have been better than our current one.

two games....

Overall record would suggest he is. He has suffered from mental problems previously.

It's closer than you might think!

Coppell: 988 games, 395 wins, 261 draws, 332 losses, 39.98% win percentage, points per game: 1.463
    Parky: 296 games, 115 wins, 87 draws, 94 losses, 38.85% win percentage, points per game: 1.459

;)
  • Options
    Lost their first 2 games this season, 3-0 at home against the Spanners and 3-2 away to Sarfend...............after losing the last 3 pre-season games into the bargain.

5 defeats on the bounce..........not good !
  • Options
    What a shocker! I thought he would push them close to promotion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said he didn't have the passion to do the job
  • Options
    My thoughts are with his family....
  • Options
    Bristol City keeper David James tells BBC Points West he would not have come to the club without a call from manager Steve Coppell
  • Options
    actually have some respect for him. Could easily have carried on heart not really in it, picking up his wage. He has the courage to realise when he has taken on too much or the wrong job or isn't enjoying it and walk before it's too late for the Club involved. Still a surprise though.
  • Options
    When I clicked on here and saw the title Steve Coppell.... I knew what was coming. Says a lot.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    He's like Keegan, resigns at the drop of a hat. I'd be very surprised if he gets another job in football.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]He's like Keegan, resigns at the drop of a hat. I'd be very surprised if he gets another job in football.

Retired from football managerment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]He's like Keegan, resigns at the drop of a hat. I'd be very surprised if he gets another job in football.

Took the words right out of my mouth but you know what? I would take him at the drop of a hat....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

two games....

It's closer than you might think!

Coppell: 988 games, 395 wins, 261 draws, 332 losses, 39.98% win percentage, points per game: 1.463
    Parky: 296 games, 115 wins, 87 draws, 94 losses, 38.85% win percentage, points per game: 1.459

;)

Stats damn lies etc.

How many of those games did Parky manage in the Premiership?

Has Parky had as many Promotions or taken a Team to 3rd place in the top flight in English football?
  • Options
    Apparently he's said he won't manage again WSC.

He's clearly a pensive intelligent guy who's never spouted all the usual football cliches. Despite doing very well at times he's always seemed troubled, perhaps by what the position demands. I wonder if he's reflected on the scale of the job at Bristol City alone, or if perhaps he's just decided he can no longer go along with all the unedifying working of the system that football keeps behind closed doors.