Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Women's team

The women's team get their season underway on August 22nd, now playing at Thamesmead Town FC... good luck to the girls and hopefully Morts can get them back where they belong!!

http://www.givemefootball.com/womens-football/charlton-women-need-to-provide-back-up-for-gemma

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LennieCharlton[/cite]The women's team get their season underway on August 22nd, now playing at Thamesmead Town FC... good luck to the girls and hopefully Morts can get them back where they belong!!

http://www.givemefootball.com/womens-football/charlton-women-need-to-provide-back-up-for-gemma

Good luck to them, used to watch the Valley matches and went to two of the cup finals.

Mind you,you have probably opened a hornets nest of how womens football should never be allowed.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2011
    Top of the league...

...that's what happens when you play two up front.

http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/womensdetail/0,,10267~2335840,00.html
  • Options
    Mortimer for 1st team coach?
  • Options
    top of the league... well done ladies, i love you all and its a big kiss from me!
  • Options
    A girl i used to go to school with is one of our star players!

Gemma....Keep it up, you are a star!
  • Options
    Millwall have just been relegated from the top flight. Be great to take their place!
  • Options
    Hope they finish their matches in time to get the dinner on ;-)
  • Options
    The success of the mens team is linked to that of the women's

It is something to do with the yin and yang of the universe or menstrual cycles or some hippy bollocks like that that MOG can explain.

Anyway, as the Women's team declined so did the men's team. Then the women's team struggled for a few years but is now on the way back.

A young black coach who had previously played for Charlton came in and re-built them, couldn't do it overnight but gradually the squad has improved and now promotion beckons.

So shall it be with the men's team. They are the same, one team both male and female like Shiva the Destroyer.

Now you will see the men's team rise.
  • Options
    Without following the women's team particularly closely, sounds like they are talking the talk before walking the walk.
  • Options
    Is it against FA rules for us to swap the ladies' team for the mens for the Udders game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's amazing...

... how do they fit full size goals in the kitchen!?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LennieCharlton[/cite] good luck to the girls and hopefully Morts can get them back where they belong!!

The typing pool?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LennieCharlton[/cite]good luck to the girls and hopefully Morts can get them back where they belong!!/quote]

?
  • Options
    Charlton womens team beat Brighton 2-0 yesterday, to remain top of the league.
  • Options
    Did Gemma score?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The success of the mens team is linked to that of the women's

It is something to do with the yin and yang of the universe or menstrual cycles or some hippy bollocks like that that MOG can explain.

Anyway, as the Women's team declined so did the men's team. Then the women's team struggled for a few years but is now on the way back.

A young black coach who had previously played for Charlton came in and re-built them, couldn't do it overnight but gradually the squad has improved and now promotion beckons.

So shall it be with the men's team. They are the same, one team both male and female like Shiva the Destroyer.

That's not exactly true though is it. The Womens team were doing pretty well before the men got regelated and the women all got sacked.
    They then re-built and have been gradually rising despite the mens team continuing to move in the opposite direction.
    If you're looking for trends the womens team will probablty get promotoed and then closed down again as the mens team continue to fail to achieve.

But hey lets look on the bright side!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Did Gemma score?

CAWFC v BHAWFC
    Womens League table
  • Options
    We are top of the league say we are top of the league!

Gemma didnt score but she was involved in both goals. the build up to the first and winning the corner for the second.

Go on Gemma!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The success of the mens team is linked to that of the women's

That's not exactly true though is it. The Womens team were doing pretty well before the men got regelated and the women all got sacked.
    They then re-built and have been gradually rising despite the mens team continuing to move in the opposite direction.
    If you're looking for trends the womens team will probablty get promotoed and then closed down again as the mens team continue to fail to achieve.

No, you're right it's not exactly true.

That's because it was a joke : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

No, you're right it's not exactly true.

That's because it was a joke : - )

Won't believe its a joke till I read it on the OS!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Womens football is terrible! I dont understand why people endure...i mean watch it...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]Womens football is terrible! I dont understand why people endure...i mean watch it...

Don't then
  • Options
    Beat the Gills 3-1 last night.

5 points clear at the top.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]Womens football is terrible! I dont understand why people endure...i mean watch it...

Mainly because they know someone playing....
  • Options

Mainly because they know someone playing....

True, but also saw some decent games at the valley wehn we were one of the top 3 womens teams, playing Arsenal and Fulham and I did not know any of the team.
  • Options
    Help fill the Charlton gap this weekend - Charlton Women Play this Sunday