Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

favourite charlton hardman

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
who would be your favourite hardman to have pulled on the red shirt. mine would be andy todd

Comments

• Options
    Dietmar Bruck.....ouch!
  • Options
    Not sure he fits the hardman tag but Scott Parker knew how to put it about.
  • Options
    Hreidarsson was supposedly some kind of beast when the players wrestled

But I think Semedo is my favourite hard nut of recent times. He is machine
  • Options
    Derek Hales?
  • Options
    Simon Webster
  • Options
    Im in love with Semedo, so i'd say him. But i always liked Costa when he was here. Does he count?
  • Options
    Semedo & Costa
  • Options
    Dennis Rommedhal
  • Options
    webbo simon webster
  • Options
    There's only one - Derek " Killer " Hales

How could you not be scared of a man who looks like this?

killer.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    danny mills
  • Options
    Ron Saunders
  • Options
    When i was young, i always used to look at Mark Aizlewood with his stern face and tree trunk thighs and think he was hard! Wouldnt enjoy a 50/50 with him back in the day!?
  • Options
    Steve Rambo Thompson
  • Options
    Simon Webster.......the last true hardman in a Charlton shirt......
  • Options
    Peter 'Iron Man' Reeves....

Anyone else is relatively gay...
  • Options
    Centrehalf Paul Miller, took no prisoners ............ then he spat at an opponent.

Lennie sacked him on the spot.
  • Options
    Derek Hales once squared up to the entire travelling support of Sunderland as they invaded the pitch intent on mischief. No contest.
  • Options
    Got to be Phil Warman, left back, hard as nails and a ferocious in the tackle. Wouldn't last a half with today's referring !
  • Options
    Darren Ambrose?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kish used to like kicking people... especially liked that time he chopped down Ronaldo. The Herminator liked a bit of a tussle. Andy Todd had a mean right hook... just ask Deano.
  • Options
    Danny Mills or Ben Thatcher
  • Options
    Hales or Mills
  • Options
    Lmfao Semedo or Mills? Even a modern day half-hardman like Ashbee would walk the floor with both of them.

Loved Webster, in fact I always loved our hard men as in the main they weren't nasty thugs as well like Millwall's; except for Paul Miller maybe. Steve Brown would walk the floor with both Semedo and Ashbee. Brown'y was incredibly tougwith one and a half knees, exceptionally fair but didn't take any rubbish. Remember when Steve Bull had been a nasty niggly b'stard and seemed to poke him during a corner. Brown'y just whacked him, ref and lino didn't see and Bully didn't mess with Brown for the rest of the match.
  • Options
    John Pender/Steve Thompson

Wouldnt have wanted to play against them two.

Good looking squad we had then.
  • Options
    Dennis Rommadahl

...................really though, old days 'Killer' .................now..............Semeeeeedo !, love him.
  • Options
    Omar Pouso never have I seen a team so terrified of a player for 45 minutes
  • Options
    Killer.

Danny Mills would fetch his beers and be glad he did it.

Honourable mention to Paul Miller, not neccessarily a hard
    man but a nasty vendictive git and I love them.
  • Options
    I don't really have any favourite charlton hardmen, but I remember Paul Miller was a dirty b'stard. Back in the late eighties, during our first return to the top flight, we played a game at selhurst against chelsea. They had a young striker named Colin West playing for them and Miller was just kicking him all over the park (along with some asistance from our other centre half, possibly shirtliff or thompson) and eventually West had to be stretchered off!!
  • Options
    Corry Gibbs... He's so hard he put himself in hospital