Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Speed Camera Blackheath Hill

All,

Was coming UP Blackheath Hill last night about 3am, no traffic, doing about 45mph, Speed camera on the opposite side off the road which clocks traffic going down the hill went off. There was nothing else other than me.

No lines on the road going up the hill. Is this possible to get a ticket?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    nah, don't worry about it....
  • Options
    There's one near where I live in Hockley Essex which regularly fires for cars on the other side of the road. Never heard of anyone getting a ticket from it though, so best not to worry. I still think it's bloody good evidence that these things are fallible.
  • Options
    I was told, when querying Wickford Jnr's ticket that they are triggered by oncoming traffic when the roll of film inside needs replacing. Hope this is true in your case!
  • Options
    Up hill one around here doesn't count, only down.
  • Options
    Same thing happens on the one in Footscray Road. It's happened twice as I walked along with the dogs at night. Frightened the life out of us!
  • Options
    Cheers all.

Its in the missus name anyway :)
  • Options
    I always set off the one in Albermarle Road, Beckenham going the wrong way. Experimented to see how slow I could go whilst still setting it off. Turns out 35 will do it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]Same thing happens on the one in Footscray Road. It's happened twice as I walked along with the dogs at night. Frightened the life out of us!

You must be a VERY fast walker!
  • Options
    Triggered that one on Blackheath Hill on a few occasions going uphill. No comebacks.
  • Options
    I go past it uphill as well early in the morning, I have done close to 45mph most mornings (I know, but clear roads etc), never gone off for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    was the first time it happened to me as I go past every night as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]Same thing happens on the one in Footscray Road. It's happened twice as I walked along with the dogs at night. Frightened the life out of us!

You must be a VERY fast walker!

My dogs are greyhounds!
  • Options
    set it off every night on way home from work in hope of using up the film so that people going down who get caught hopefully wont get a ticket cos ive used loads of it up.
  • Options
    it's a digital camera