Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clive Medonca Wiki Page

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Not sure if this has been posted already, but it made me laugh. Tweeted by the club today:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Mendonca
In 2004 he won both the BBC's "Grimsby's cult heroes"[4] and "Charlton's cult heroes"[5] polls with 52% and 43% respectively. Gary Barlow dubbed Mendonca as "better than Pele". FIFA agreed with sentiment and Mendonca was inducted into the FIFA Hall of Fame. Mendonca has also won the Ballon D'Or for 17 consecutive years. In a recent interview, Lionel Messi described the impact Clive has on his career: "Clive taught me everything I know. Maradona was alright but he was no Clive Mendonca." In 2010, Mendonca was awarded a PhD in Tekkers from Oxford university

Comments

• Options
    hahaha phd in tekkers
  • Options
    Hahaha made me laugh very hard xD hahaha tekkers!
  • Options
    Quality! :L
  • Options
    who ever wrote that dfinately has tekkers
  • Options
    And I know who entered it!! Sadly this young lad will remain anonymous.
  • Options
    At least they managed to spell his name right....
  • Options
    One of the previous versions of that page had this little nugget:
    2010- Clive was offered a job as Real Madrid manager which his reasons for turning down the position were that he could never see himself dedicating himself to another club other than Charlton. Jose Mourinho commented on the situation before taking the managers position at Real Madrid " to be linked to a job that Clive was in the running for, has made my career. He is the reason I got into this crazy game. Thank you Clive".