Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doherty

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Really impressed with him first half. Won everything in the air. He and Dailly laying the foundations.
Feels much safer than having Sam Sodje back there.
Good noise from the travelling Addicks too

Comments

• Options
    Agreed.. he looks big and string and brilliant in the air... getting headers in, and blocks in... looks good... and a massive nose to boot... quality!
  • Options
    With his vision and footballing brain I really can't see the 'lack of pace' being a problem here.

Along with Dailey we have a solid foundation for the team.
  • Options
    Just need to keep them injury free
  • Options
    Well he fucked up then, you jinxed him!
  • Options
    LOL - mockers - Doherty ricket. 1-1
  • Options
    Oops
  • Options
    Good delivery. He's been great otherwise
  • Options
    A BEAST.
  • Options
    Personally think he's the player we've been missing for a while.
  • Options
    he seemed to make Lera more comfortable as well...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Personally think he's the player we've been missing for a while.

Along with McCormack, holds his position,no rash tackles ... who has he replaced?
  • Options
    thought he was the weakest link last night.

Not that impressed at all.
  • Options
    What!? Are you joking Henry?
  • Options
    Think we might just get away with the two pensioners at the back this year.

Someone probably rightly said that if we do come up against a centre forward with pace in this league, then he'll most probably be absolute pony with the ball at his feet.
  • Options
    Not so sure. His reading of the game looks as good if not better than Dailly's. And he won every header.
    The goal was a brilliant delivery.
  • Options
    no, really didn't think he did that well. Missed the cross for the goal and made a number of other mistakes/miskicks.
  • Options
    how old is the good doc
  • Options
    he should've cut out the cross for the goal, but won so many headers all night. I've never known a charlton side to defend so deep for the last half hour yet look so comfortable dealing with balls being pumped into the box
  • Options
    He is going to be one of those players who divides opinion , I've always liked him in his Luton / Spurs and Norwich days. He must have something about him at this level to be voted onto the PFA Team of the year and this is the level we are playing at.

I thought Doherty was immense last night and on the ratings thread I would have marked him 8/9 if it hadn't been for the goal so I made it 7.After the sending off he led by example and helped us win the three points.

As has been noted in other games Doc matched with Dailly / Llera may expose us for pace and we may have to defend deeply. I suspect Matt Fry may have been brought in partly for this reason and if the budget allowed I would love us to sign a fully fit Fortune.

I have noticed that when going up for corners we keep one of the speedier players back for the break aways , when back Semedo can be utilised to assist here.
  • Options
    Blimey Henry, I'm surprised. Have a look back at the highlights if you get the chance. Perhaps it didn't come across at the ground but on TV he looked superb.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Blimey Henry, I'm surprised. Have a look back at the highlights if you get the chance. Perhaps it didn't come across at the ground but on TV he looked superb.

fair enough. Haven't got Sky so can only go on what I saw at the ground. Got his head on the ball I agree but with his feet was less impressive, to me at least.
  • Options
    Have to agree Henry. I think he'll be immense for us this year though.
  • Options
    Thought all three CB's were awsome last night, very solid. Doc did mis the cross but it was Racon's mis placed pass that put us in trouble.
  • Options
    Another inspired signing by Parky IMHO
  • Options
    Bear in mind that Doc and Dailly will have Semedo playing in front of them when he returns from suspension, he compensates for their lack of pace.
  • Options
    Henry Irving 1 hour ago quote# 22
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Blimey Henry, I'm surprised. Have a look back at the highlights if you get the chance. Perhaps it didn't come across at the ground but on TV he looked superb.[/quote]

fair enough. Haven't got Sky so can only go on what I saw at the ground. Got his head on the ball I agree but with his feet was less impressive, to me at least.

Looked very impressive on TV Henry, along with Martin and Waggy..... just goes to show how watching on tv gives a different perspective. He was marginally caught on on the goal ( they showed the replay on tv) but he seemed along with Dailly, and Liera in fairness to look a good defensive unit. Comparred to some recent Charlton defences this looked good to me!
  • Options
    Have to expect him / them to get done now & then by someone nippy but thankfully not too may of those playing down the middle in div 3. As long as people don't destroy him over the odd error from a free signing I think he'll do a great job, especially in some of those backs-to-the-wall away games.
  • Options
    My only problem with him is the direction of his clearing headers, too many land just outside the middle of box.
  • Options
    I know what Henry is saying. Can't put my finger on it but something doesn't fit. Out of all the new faces, he's the only one I'd get rid of.

Would much rather give Llera a run.
  • Options
    Crikey you boys must have been watching a different game to me. He was in the top three performers IMHO.

Commentators also ranked him as one of the best in the Charlton ranks last night.
    Be interested to know how many headers he won/lost.

20/1?