Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Well done the 'pool! I think a lot of sides may come unstuck at Bloomfield Road expecting to only turn up to win may well be a big mistake.
  • Options
    Just seen highlights - they missed 3 or 4 great chances and had a perfectly good goal chalked off. Martinez favourite for first sacking.
  • Options
    My recollection of the Rufus sending off was that it was a 50:50 tussle in the box with a player who was nicknamed something like the wolfman.It was a very harsh decision and a foreunner of the bias against smaller clubs in the prem, which has never been addressed. Cue the dissallowed goal at Anfield
  • Options
    What disallowed goal at Anfield? If you're talking about Andy Hunt that time, he actually missed it - it rolled wide!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]My recollection of the Rufus sending off was that it was a 50:50 tussle in the box with a player who was nicknamed something like the wolfman.It was a very harsh decision and a foreunner of the bias against smaller clubs in the prem, which has never been addressed. Cue the dissallowed goal at Anfield

I don't recall a disallowed goal at Anfield, what you might be thinking of was the referee stopping play for a foul on Robinson milliseconds after he put Andy Hunt clean through with just the keeper to beat.
  • Options
    Blackpool's chairman has just resigned. Strange time to go.
  • Options
    Either him or Ollie I reckon I said things don't seem right there
  • Options
    Hmmm Strange
  • Options
    Rufus got sent off at Newcastle after a tussle with Dabizas (sp), their Greek centre back who made the most of whatever contact there was. I think the wolfman was De Wolfe the Dutchman who played for Wolves. One of our centre backs, can't remember but it probably was Rufus, got sent off in a similar incident up there. As I remember, De Wolfe was the size of a skyscraper and he went down as if he'd been machine gunned. Happily, he was fit and well as soon as a red card came out, to the relief of everyone....
  • Options
    Looks like they're signing Brett Pitman for 850K.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rufus got sent off at Newcastle after a tussle with Dabizas (sp), their Greek centre back who made the most of whatever contact there was. I think the wolfman was De Wolfe the Dutchman who played for Wolves. One of our centre backs, can't remember but it probably was Rufus, got sent off in a similar incident up there. As I remember, De Wolfe was the size of a skyscraper and he went down as if he'd been machine gunned. Happily, he was fit and well as soon as a red card came out, to the relief of everyone....

It was Leaburn
  • Options
    Definitely Carlo who was sent off at Wolves.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: kodfish[/cite]Rufus got sent off at Newcastle after a tussle with Dabizas (sp), their Greek centre back who made the most of whatever contact there was. I think the wolfman was De Wolfe the Dutchman who played for Wolves. One of our centre backs, can't remember but it probably was Rufus, got sent off in a similar incident up there. As I remember, De Wolfe was the size of a skyscraper and he went down as if he'd been machine gunned. Happily, he was fit and well as soon as a red card came out, to the relief of everyone....

It was Leaburn[/quote

You're dead right, I remember it now. We always had a bit of a disaster at Wolves in those days.
  • Options
    Blackpool Chairman Resigns

Basically sounds like he wanted to run a tight ship financially and try to live in the real world, but his fellow Blackpool executives want to follow the tried and tested Hull model.

Pity, I quite admired the stand he was taking and was hoping the rest of football might catch on.