Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cashpoint F.C

Have just been perusing Skybet site to see what odds we are to win L1 outright (8-1 by the way) and caught sight of a team playing this afternoon called Cashpoint SCR who play in Austria. As I visit one of those what seems like five times a day and the Valley only once or twice a fortnight I feel that my support has been mis-placed all these years. Turns out that they have been renamed due to being sponsored by a sports betting company and that their manager is called Adolf Hutter, and there's me thinking that the stripey Nigels were the only club with a comedy element.

Comments

• Options
    Thought this would be a thread about Man City
  • Options
    lol didnt know what to expect with that title, if you on sky bet get on skypoker so i can take ur money im on now no download necessary :P
  • Options
    How sad is it when a club sells it's history to the highest bidder to re-name itself in search of fortune....... Be honest, How many of you guys would be happy if some multi-billion company offered to buy charlton and turn us into a "superclub" on condition we change our name to "Sony F.C" or something as ridiculous? I know this thread is posted as a laugh but makes you wonder how long before it happens here. They've already started re-naming stadiums so surely this is the next logical step? Just yet another reason that makes me cry when i see how football is becoming a corporate toy, with no thought for the history of these great clubs or their supporters. Am i the only one who was glad when the supposed arab take-over a couple of seasons ago fell through?

Sorry for getting a bit heavy on what is a light hearted post :-/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]How sad is it when a club sells it's history to the highest bidder to re-name itself in search of fortune....... Be honest, How many of you guys would be happy if some multi-billion company offered to buy charlton and turn us into a "superclub" on condition we change our name to "Sony F.C" or something as ridiculous? I know this thread is posted as a laugh but makes you wonder how long before it happens here. They've already started re-naming stadiums so surely this is the next logical step? Just yet another reason that makes me cry when i see how football is becoming a corporate toy, with no thought for the history of these great clubs or their supporters. Am i the only one who was glad when the supposed arab take-over a couple of seasons ago fell through?

Sorry for getting a bit heavy on what is a light hearted post :-/

Agreed. They have definately sold their soul down the high street stopping off at Lloyds, NatWest and Barclays on the way but I reckon old Adolf will TAP in his magic and ENTER some passion to get them Goering in the right direction.
  • Options
    I heard they have a good 'balance' to their side.
  • Options
    Let's hope they can make a net profit...
  • Options
    I've heard they're got a midfield battler famous for his (credit) crunching tackles...

Coat...
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Thought this would be a thread about Man City

Thought exactly the same!
  • Options
    They also have been forced to have two kits. They play in the black at home, but they are in the red away.
  • Options
    As Jeff Stelling always used to say:

"They'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2010
    I remember a while ago Chelmsford City was sponsored by Britvic (they are a major employer in the town). They were just bringing out an energy drink and changed the club's colours to be the same as the new drink / drinks advertising campaign.

They clearly hadn't done much homework though and put up a load of adverts saying something like Our drink gives Chelmsford City the energy to go on and win.

They got relegated that season from the league that season (already lower than a conference side) and everybody wondered who the people were on the billboard.

The three-year deal was cut short and "The Clarets" returned to their proper colours the next season.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dont forget Red Bull Salzburg. Also, didnt Red Bull put a bid in for southampton? Wanted to change them to Red Bull Saints I think.
    Might of just made that last bit up