Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anelka 18 games ban

Just saw in the French papers that Anelka got 18 matches ban (for striking and telling Raymond Domenech Go F.ck yourself you Son of a bitch) Evra 4, Ribery 3 and Toulalan 1.

Looks like it was Anelka's last game for France. I just cannot understand the lack of respect for wearing their national shirt.... too young, too rich and too stupide most probably

Comments

• You never know, it might serve France well as I'm pretty sure their most recent squad only had a handful of players with any International experience and the rest were young lads? If they stay with that formula they may have a decent side in the next World Cup or the following Euro's.
  • your probably right, they do have a great wealth of young talent. I hope for them they won't be led astray by Ribery (dodgy little barsteward), Benzema and Co.

One thing that France have done is set up a proper youth program for their young talents. I just wish that this also happens in England and that we once and for all limit the number of foreigners in a team.
  • Good move. Awful man, always has been. When he bolted out of PSG he was a prick, he did the same to Arsenal and he's kept it up ever since. Waste of ability. The only good bit is that by having his idiotic brothers as agents he's probably seen a lot less cash than he would of done had he had a professional doing the job. Also, constantly agitating for a move means that he never got himself on the Bosman gravy train.
  • I remember him hiding in the boot of his brothers car in order to avoid the press.... I hate Le Sulk
  • To be honest they should be looking towards a new breed of striker anyway, the likes of Benzema, Remy, Hoarau, Briand and Gignac so i think his time is up anyway. It's a bit like us giving an 18 match ban to Heskey.
  • It should be noted that Anelka has rarely, if ever, been a problem on the pitch. I'm sure he's a ref's favourite cos he's never chased them, played dirty or
    engaged in rough play. Never a word however harsh he gets tackled. Priceless teammate.
    McLovin said it all about the 'bad' influence of his brothers. I'm sure they'll never let him play for us for peanuts. Pity, we'd even have accepted his
    awful sulky looks.