Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin feeling loved

2»

Comments

• Options
    Anytime we sign a new player they always say they love it here etc etc. Not really complaining though.
  • Options
    Going back to Martin, pleased he is here and maybe he knows that after a few years flattering to deceive and a lot of loans, this is almost last chance saloon to avoid doing a McLeod and ends up struggling to find any club. Early days but Martin has looked a decent signing so far.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]At 9k a week I would feel loved by my employer :-)
    Do you reckon we're shelling out that?

Ipswich must me draining money, having spent so much to bring him in as well...

We are paying about £2-3k p/w Ipswich Town picking up the rest, that is why the deal took so long to complete in the first place.
  • Options
    we are paying someone 2-3 grand per week???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]we are paying someone 2-3 grand per week???

Half what we were paying players last season !
  • Options
    2-3k?? I'm gonna boo him Saturday!
  • Options
    £2-3K per week for a first team squad player is about right imo for this leaque and club of our size. I would be thinking about a career change if I was only on £1K per week playing pro footy. Most players only have 10/12 years in them if their lucky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]we are paying someone 2-3 grand per week???

Half what we were paying players last season !

yes but that was last season. This season is a different thing all together.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]£2-3K per week for a first team squad player is about right imo for this leaque and club of our size. I would be thinking about a career change if I was only on £1K per week playing pro footy. Most players only have 10/12 years in them if their lucky.

Will be plenty of players on £1k pw in this league and plenty more wishing their could get any deal at all. Look at Jon Fortune.
  • Options
    £2-3k sounds about right. Can't imagine Reid, Doherty etc have gone from decent wages to only £1k a week.

Racon, Semedo and Youga will still be on decent Championship contracts as that's where we were when they last signed contracts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a damn good deal then. It'll make any kind of permanent deal virtually impossible though.
  • Options
    Kish didn't take any nonsense from Keane.
  • Options
    2 - 3 k a week. I wouldn't get out of bed for that.
  • Options
    Good to see this, although our chances of making him a permanent signing are obviously a bit slim unless something significant happens.

It is great to see exciting players like him playing for CAFC...even better to see them doing the business on the pitch!

Plus, I would have thought that anyone would be glad to be getting away from Keano!
  • Options
    Parky on Martin from the OS

And using the impressive Martin as an example, he explained the long and winding road behind some transfers.

"I first put a call in to Roy Keane [about Martin] the week after last season finished, and it took until the day before this season started to get the deal completed," he recalled.

"For all different types of reasons, a lot of deals for new players can be protracted and you've got to hang in there and be patient.

"You have got to target the players that you want, but also have ones underneath that just in case they don't work out.

"The last thing you want to do is spend all your time chasing a certain player and at the end it's a fruitless chase because you don't get him and have nothing as back up.

"Those contingency plans as well as the first plans are what we are working on."